Audiopipe APSM-1500

itsblown
10+ year member

why is there smoke?
Toledo OH
Review of Amplifier:

I just recently purchased a Audiopipe APSM-1500 last week. I paid $113 for it shipped straight to my door.

I have mine running off of Stinger Hyperflex OFC 0 gauge wire ran to a 0 to 4 gauge knu reducer. I have it hooked up to two MTX thunder 8000 12s

My first thoughts upon received the amp and opening it up were wow this thing is small. When they say mini amplifier they mean it. The amp came with a remote controll bass knob and a Mini Anl Fuse holder with a 110 Amp mini ANL fuse.

Now with my current sub woofer set up I can only have it running at 2 ohm. After a hour of playing full tilt the amp wasnt even hot. I have it in a pretty large open area in the back of my hatchback. I was really impressed with the output of this thing. I have used other "budget" amps such as crunch. Kenwood. and clarion. All of which were more expensive than this and none of them could come close to the output of this thing.

It could actually play the low notes the other amps I have used couldn't really put out. the sound quality is what you would expect from a "budget" amplifier but it still gave me a better sound than the other budget amps I have used previously.

my only complaint with this amp is the on board fan. It is pretty noisy and when you aren't listening to music it can be kind of annoying, especially in a hatchback, or SUV

My final thoughts on this thing are positive you have to remember that it is only 113 dollars and it is a "budget amplifier" but for 113 dollars you can not beat it.

To anyone who may be interested in the amp but is turned off by the loud fan -- you can buy replacement fans from newegg.com that run off a 12v line.

To anyone who may be interested in the amp but is turned off by the loud fan -- you can buy replacement fans from newegg.com that run off a 12v line.
I was about to say that, just crossed my mind lol. and those usually move better cfm as well.

Yup all of the above guys are right. I purchased from vminnovations and used the coupon code FACEBOOK. and yes Im sure you can use a quieter fan. Also Im not exactly sure if this is possible but I know race cars use a thermostat relay which only kicks a fan on above a certain temperature. I wonder if it could used in a car audio application

You could install something like that but I'd just assume have the fan be on all the time that way everything stays cool all the time

Great review, I've been looking for an amp that puts out a good amount of power for a fairly low price. By the sounds of this review and the other feedback it seems like I might be getting it.

Great review, I've been looking for an amp that puts out a good amount of power for a fairly low price. By the sounds of this review and the other feedback it seems like I might be getting it.
best nickname ever.

i might sell my amp take 400$ and get 4k worth of ap now.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

meh you could its been clamped and shown to put out rated

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

funny i bought this amp to push a sub i have bc my kenwood gets to hot and cuts off
do it these things dont even go into protect they have even been recorded running at half ohm (not for long but still impresive). I dont think you will ever have problems with this cutting out on you

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

itsblown

10+ year member
why is there smoke?
itsblown
Toledo OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied