Audiopipe APSM-1500 Protection for a few seconds?

LOL. Now OP learns to wire to 2 ohms and overdrives the amp trying to push it to half ohm volume levels.

Holy-Facepalm.jpg

[quote name='hispls']If the amp still powers up and plays at all it's not dead. Audiopipe stock just went up a bit in my book for OP's amp to survive this.[/QUOTE]

Lmao...

Edit: @Quick is going to be very happy, lol...

[quote name='av83']Lmao...

Edit: @Quick is going to be very happy, lol...[/QUOTE]

No wonder it was getting so hot. Sorry my french but HOLY ****. Do you think it's damage to a bad point? and what about the sub?

No wonder it was getting so hot. Sorry my french but HOLY ****. Do you think it's damage to a bad point? and what about the sub?
Just rewire it and see what happens... I'm on my way to work right now. Someone will help tho. If not, I'll hit you up around 10pm.

LOL. Now OP learns to wire to 2 ohms and overdrives the amp trying to push it to half ohm volume levels.
Holy-Facepalm.jpg
post with the picture actually made me giggle because when I read it, I actually wanted to facepalm.

Just rewire it and see what happens... I'm on my way to work right now. Someone will help tho. If not, I'll hit you up around 10pm.
Alright thanks man!

Can someone tell me how to wire or to see if this is right?:

Connect the negatives together, and put it in the outside negative speaker terminal. Connect the 2 positives from subwoofer and put it in the outside positive speaker terminal?

View attachment 26533193

Like that ^?

Thanks. I'm hoping that because it did protect, it saved itself from serious harm and will still work good.

Alright thanks man!
Can someone tell me how to wire or to see if this is right?:

Connect the negatives together, and put it in the outside negative speaker terminal. Connect the 2 positives from subwoofer and put it in the outside positive speaker terminal?

View attachment 26533193

Like that ^?
That's what you're doing now that will break your amp if you don't knock it off.

Do this:

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

That's what you're doing now that will break your amp if you don't knock it off.

Do this:

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif
That will double the ohms from 1 to 2 right? Like it doubles 2 to 4 in that example you showed?

I don't have them wired like that, I have it wired like this, I'll draw a crappy paint drawing.

View attachment 26533206

Goddammit just listen to advice u cawk sleeve
I'm sure he's right. I just wanted to kind of ask and see why you wouldn't wire it the way. I just want to learn why and how things work. Obviously I don't know, or I wouldn't have wired my amp to .5 ohms lmao.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.