Audiopipe APCLE 10001D going into protect.

gonzalgi21
10+ year member

Bought a brand new apcle 10001D for my alpine sbr8 inch small sub which ended up blowing the sub, didnt mind that since i had plans on buying a newer sub down the road. New sub is Sundown SA-8, sub hits SO much harder than the alpine which was expected. Problem is from the day i installed the sub my amp goes into protect after approximately 20-30 min of having the volume relatively high. Wired at 1ohm, with alpine sub never had this issue with the amp. Part of the reason i bought the amp is because of its 1 ohm stable capability. My lights are also dimming a lot with this new sub. Do i need a second battery? Any suggestions? (Have triple checked wiring already and gain is set at about 50%).

Bought a brand new apcle 10001D for my alpine sbr8 inch small sub which ended up blowing the sub, didnt mind that since i had plans on buying a newer sub down the road. New sub is Sundown SA-8, sub hits SO much harder than the alpine which was expected. Problem is from the day i installed the sub my amp goes into protect after approximately 20-30 min of having the volume relatively high. Wired at 1ohm, with alpine sub never had this issue with the amp. Part of the reason i bought the amp is because of its 1 ohm stable capability. My lights are also dimming a lot with this new sub. Do i need a second battery? Any suggestions? (Have triple checked wiring already and gain is set at about 50%).
probably need big 3 wires done but if it ran other sub all i can say turn gain down bass boost off, see if that works.. how many preamp volts does hu have? if 4-5v 50% maybe to high..

Is the amp getting very hot? What does your battery voltage at the amp look like when playing?

probably need big 3 wires done but if it ran other sub all i can say turn gain down bass boost off, see if that works.. how many preamp volts does hu have? if 4-5v 50% maybe to high..
Big 3 was done, made no difference at all. Head unit is a Pioneer NEX 4200 so it has 4 Volt preamp. The gain at 40-50% doesnt give me all that much bass to begin with which is why i really wanted to avoid turning it down.

Big 3 was done, made no difference at all. Head unit is a Pioneer NEX 4200 so it has 4 Volt preamp. The gain at 40-50% doesnt give me all that much bass to begin with which is why i really wanted to avoid turning it down.
check your grounds.. grab wire where it's bolted/screwed down pull it make sure it's tight and not paint under it, if so sand the f out of it.... like i said some amps do run hot but we've seen a bad ground causes amp to heat up as well..

What is the voltage at the amplifier terminals with the engine running and the amplifier under load? Big 3, extra batteries, and bigger cable isn’t going to help long term if your alternator can’t keep up. Check for voltage drop on the power and ground terminals too. It should be under 1/10 volt while under a load on the shorter runs.

Clipped sub= blown. That amp may put out 600 watts clean.. @bigblank69 I have no idea if you tested the AP or not Ryan. May wanna consider selling that amp and get a better quality one. With 4 volt pre outs, you should not be at 50% for the gain...The ideal thing to do is gain match with HU.

Few things to consider: Use good OFC quality wiring, for both power/ground to the amp, and proper size too, and big 3 as well. Make sure your not accidently wiring the amp below it's ohm load and also a good solid ground.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Clipped sub= blown. That amp may put out 600 watts clean.. @bigblank69 I have no idea if you tested the AP or not Ryan. May wanna consider selling that amp and get a better quality one. With 4 volt pre outs, you should not be at 50% for the gain...The ideal thing to do is gain match with HU.

Few things to consider: Use good OFC quality wiring, for both power/ground to the amp, and proper size too, and big 3 as well. Make sure your not accidently wiring the amp below it's ohm load and also a good solid ground.[/QUOTE]

I have 0 guage wire throughout including for the big 3, if the amp ground was a problem wouldnt that have acted up with the old sub also? I am very surprised with how little power i have at 50% gain, bass is only heard from sub at louder volume. Will check voltage but in the meantime any amp suggestions? Was looking at the sundown 1000D.

I have 0 guage wire throughout including for the big 3, if the amp ground was a problem wouldnt that have acted up with the old sub also? I am very surprised with how little power i have at 50% gain, bass is only heard from sub at louder volume. Will check voltage but in the meantime any amp suggestions? Was looking at the sundown 1000D.
u probably spend less get just as good of an amp.. is your 8 ported?

Get the electrical checked at a good parts store first.

What method was used to set the gain in the first place O scope DD1

The gain set at 50% is no indication one way or the other if it was not properly set

Yes the box is a small ported enclosure bought off amazon matches the specs for the sub.
ok i ask because couple good amps but they don't have ss filter which u will need.. so are u running 1000 rms to the sub (1ohm) doubt it really need quite that much.. idk about your amp but my ppi p1k is pretty strong even at 2 ohm (930rms) pushes a 12 well.. point is if it's wired at 1 ohm i'd think you could get by on 750-1k amp (@1ohm).. i'll look around but alot of people seem to like the rockford 750 if u want "nicer" there are some good 1k's like ts SSA Store - Twisted Sounds TS1KW (TS1KW)

Update... about a week ago my sub completely stopped sounding so i went to the local auto sound shop. They said my speaker cable from the amp to the sub was no good which is why the sub had stopped sounding. They replaced the speaker wire with better quality wire and since then not only has the sub started working again but the amp has not gone into protection not once. Crossing my fingers it stays like this but since its already been a full week i am very optimistic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gonzalgi21

10+ year member
gonzalgi21
New Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from