Audiophiles can't tell the difference between Monster Cable and a coathanger

Must be picking up the noise on the ground then.
Do you have nextel by chance? I have only noticed this problem with nextel.

This is very very true. Some people could argue however that you could DIY a cable with the same durability and longevity. But, some people just don't care to do that. I'll pay the money, if I wasn't happy with what I was buying then I would pay the money. If people are perfectly happy with paying $5 for a cable then I am happy for them.
Happens with my AT&T phones too, but my HT doesn't get it. Only car and PC audio.

INdeed.
The only thing that keeps me from buying expensive cables, is my budget.

If I had the budget, I'd probably DIY most of my cables...

nG
Trip to Mendelsons? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

"When a restaurant closes up," Sandy says, "I just go in and buy everything, including the menus and signs."

From an air conditioned trailer that used to house a hospital MRI unit, to a complete radar site that was once used at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, to bins of possibly every fastener and screw and bolt known to humankind. (Mix or match any screws or bolts, they're $1 a pound.)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Must be picking up the noise on the ground then.
Do you have nextel by chance? I have only noticed this problem with nextel.

This is very very true. Some people could argue however that you could DIY a cable with the same durability and longevity. But, some people just don't care to do that. I'll pay the money, if I wasn't happy with what I was buying then I would pay the money. If people are perfectly happy with paying $5 for a cable then I am happy for them.
1) hmm i guess it could be a ground issue but honesty, i dont use a chassis ground. everything is grounded right to a kicker distrobution block, which then has its own 1/0 run up to the neg battery terminal. maybe the battery isnt doing a very good filtering job.

2) this happened with my LG phone, and 2 of my motorolas, and 1 samsung

3) if forgot to mention this has also occurred in my mothers car with the stock stereo

I agree 100% with you guys on just purchasing a good quality cable. I will pay for good build quality and have found some great bargains locally but try not to spend a lot. I have found a great well designed interconnect for $29.99 for 3' locally that is good looking, well built and the solder work was top notch. Will post it when I get home. I also have a few DIY cables as well that have been bullet proof. I have a few old cables that date at least 8 years that I paid a hefty sum of cash for before I figured out how the real world works. Heck I think I even have a $250 5' pair of cables in which 1 RCA died... Still need to repair it just because I want the **** thing to last until I die for paying that much.

As for nextel phones, on my work pc, the speakers would freak out about 3 seconds before my old phone would ring. Cracked me up. It also would blurr my old work CRT monitor for just a split second before it would ring which worried me because if it could do that to a CRT, what was it doing to my brain.

I agree 100% with you guys on just purchasing a good quality cable. I will pay for good build quality and have found some great bargains locally but try not to spend a lot. I have found a great well designed interconnect for $29.99 for 3' locally that is good looking, well built and the solder work was top notch. Will post it when I get home. I also have a few DIY cables as well that have been bullet proof. I have a few old cables that date at least 8 years that I paid a hefty sum of cash for before I figured out how the real world works. Heck I think I even have a $250 5' pair of cables in which 1 RCA died... Still need to repair it just because I want the **** thing to last until I die for paying that much.

As for nextel phones, on my work pc, the speakers would freak out about 3 seconds before my old phone would ring. Cracked me up. It also would blurr my old work CRT monitor for just a split second before it would ring which worried me because if it could do that to a CRT, what was it doing to my brain.

That explains a lot... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Trip to Mendelsons? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Yessir!

"When a restaurant closes up," Sandy says, "I just go in and buy everything, including the menus and signs."
From an air conditioned trailer that used to house a hospital MRI unit, to a complete radar site that was once used at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, to bins of possibly every fastener and screw and bolt known to humankind. (Mix or match any screws or bolts, they're $1 a pound.)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
INdeed. Household stuff, clothes, and tools on the first floor. The ENTIRE third floor is electronics, this a HUGE factory... now warehouse.

I was amazed the first time I went there... spent HOURS just wandering around and not even knowing how much time had passed. It's UNREAL the **** they have there...

nG

INdeed.
The only thing that keeps me from buying expensive cables, is my budget.

If I had the budget, I'd probably DIY most of my cables...

nG
already there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I made these for someone else. i'll post more pics in a new thread when im done with 3 other sets i have to make.

IMG_2937.jpg

*I know I need a heatgun

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.