Audiophiles can't tell the difference between Monster Cable and a coathanger

If you are going to say something at least make sense when you do it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
If you can't make sense of it then I am sorry you fail //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

If you can't make sense of it then I am sorry you fail //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I just want to know the whole story, is that too much to ask?

I could tell you I just did the same test and heard a big difference. But not tell you I used Plastic Coat hangers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Joe, even knowing the specs on what they used to test would not matter really, I would have to bet a nice steak dinner that I could do a blind test in your own home with your own equipment and your guesses would be totally random weather kimber, monster or whatever cable was being used compared to a cheap metal coat hanger even with lengths of wire up to 10 feet or even longer. Just the sad facts.

I used to buy mid range cables that were on the edge of my budget thinking the same as many people think that more expensive or better technical babble on a package meant better sound, then I read things about how they do not make a difference and I was like BS, I know I heard a difference. So I started to experiment over and over and found out that I could not tell a $20 RCA from a $200 RCA. I could not hear the difference between silver and copper. I could not hear the difference between ratshack speaker cable & some loaner cable that was about $35 a foot. I must have tried to hear the difference a 150 times on test tracks, music tracks, anything... and notta. That has made me the ABX @hole I am today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The only time I ever heard a difference was in a prosound application were we had runs of cable over 100' in length. I was CLEAR to everyone in the room that the 12ga cable vs 18ga cable made a hell of a difference output wise. No idea why we even had the 18ga in that length but it was not cutting it. I just have never heard a difference in short lengths ever. Guess I am definitly no golden ear haha.

Well next time you are in Cincinnati call me up and one of us will have to buy a steak dinner... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Haha I get out that way every now and again, Will do! A free 18oz top serloin sounds great right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Haha I get out that way every now and again, Will do! A free 18oz top serloin sounds great right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Why yes it does... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I wonder just how far in the car/home stereo world this theory stretches....

*goes and switches all rcas in car with coat hangers* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif

Switzerland? WTF? Hot Coco, Gold, and Cuckoo Clocks.

If you run active it could be picking it up in several places.

Stop bits on a digital sequence... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
no active here. all passive. i forgot to mention this happens to my tv as well. i get the same exact sound in the tv speakers and i pick up the phone and wait for it to ring lol

I go with mid priced cables these days myself. They may not sound much better than the cheap **** but you can't argue with the build quality and appearance of them. People can say I'm wasting my hard earned cash all they want. Appearance matters in a car audio install. And in home audio as much as I change out equipment I need a cable that will stand the test of time. I have 1 meter pair of Monster Cable RCA interconnects that I paid 200 bucks for back in '95 and I've plugged and unplugged them MANY, MANY times and they're still in great shape. Did I over pay for them?? Yes, of course I did. But only because I bought them because I thought they would make a sound difference. But now that they're 13 years old I think they were worth it for the build quality. Long lasting cables, DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the test of time and durability.

no active here. all passive. i forgot to mention this happens to my tv as well. i get the same exact sound in the tv speakers and i pick up the phone and wait for it to ring lol
Must be picking up the noise on the ground then.

Do you have nextel by chance? I have only noticed this problem with nextel.

I go with mid priced cables these days myself. They may not sound much better than the cheap **** but you can't argue with the build quality and appearance of them. People can say I'm wasting my hard earned cash all they want. Appearance matters in a car audio install. And in home audio as much as I change out equipment I need a cable that will stand the test of time. I have 1 meter pair of Monster Cable RCA interconnects that I paid 200 bucks for back in '95 and I've plugged and unplugged them MANY, MANY times and they're still in great shape. Did I over pay for them?? Yes, of course I did. But only because I bought them because I thought they would make a sound difference. But now that they're 13 years old I think they were worth it for the build quality. Long lasting cables, DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the test of time and durability.
This is very very true. Some people could argue however that you could DIY a cable with the same durability and longevity. But, some people just don't care to do that. I'll pay the money, if I wasn't happy with what I was buying then I would pay the money. If people are perfectly happy with paying $5 for a cable then I am happy for them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.