Audiophiles can't tell the difference between Monster Cable and a coathanger

Just a thought, how long is a coat hanger?
3 ft? How many people with speakers that would benefit from decent cables have their speakers 3 ft from their amplifiers? Not many I would think...

Plus Monster Cable, come on.
While I do agree with you a little bit, you have to admit that there's still tons of grossly overpriced **** out there.

Thus the basis for this test. Monster cable is mass-marketed much more than any of those crazy $30000 cables, most likely why they target monster over those other guys.

When ever I see a test like this I want to know a few things.
1. What speaker were used?

2. What electronics?

3. How was everything wired?

4. How long did they get to listen?

5. What was the specific distances of cables?

6. What were the specs of the cables/coat hangers?

7. What material was used?

8. What was the room like?

9. Was the test matched SPL wise?

Anything that doesn't answer these questions, could be totally BSing you...
one born every minute //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

While I do agree with you a little bit, you have to admit that there's still tons of grossly overpriced **** out there.
Thus the basis for this test. Monster cable is mass-marketed much more than any of those crazy $30000 cables, most likely why they target monster over those other guys.
Yes indeed there is tons of overpriced **** out there. And, Monster is the most obvious of any of them...

one born every minute //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
If you are going to say something at least make sense when you do it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The coat hanger reference has been around for a long time, and for good reason...

In the car environment shielding goes a long way, as does twisting. Once you get to shielded/twisted RCA's, there's little to no difference. It does make sense though that the coat hangers would sound good...they probably have twice as much copper as normal RCA's.
shielding will only attenuate capacitively induced noise (which is generally not a problem in mobile audio) As far as twisted RCA wire goes, it is only effective if you are using balanced equipment or your amplifier has pseudo balanced or 'differential' inputs... which isn't that common....

the amount of copper in the RCA's conductors has little to with anything....

I actually beleive this test 100% *LOL* Well I am an ABX @hole as well so....

I was just on audiojunkies the other day watching a bunch of genetic rejects argue about how much better a $500 USB cable sounded over a standard USB cable. OMFG I about died. These guys have 0 clue how anything works.

I bet I could sell them a $300 bottle of water with a pearl blue jacket and claim that the uv's passing throught the jacket alter the atomic structure of H2O giving it a sweeter taste which hydrates faster than standard water in clear plastic. Hell I could sell it by the case and they would all swear by it.

Man I need to start a company that sells this BS to morons with way to much cash flow. Could retire in a year haha. Oh wait... **** about 50,000 companies have already figured this out!

I actually beleive this test 100% *LOL*
I was just on audiojunkies the other day watching a bunch of genetic rejects argue about how much better a $500 USB cable sounded over a standard USB cable. OMFG I about died. These guys have 0 clue how anything works.

Man I need to start a company that sells this BS to morons with way to much cash flow. Could retire in a year haha.
USB cable?

Ohh yea.... About that... Link?

I actually beleive this test 100% *LOL* Well I am an ABX @hole as well so....

I bet I could sell them a $300 bottle of water with a pearl blue jacket and claim that the uv's passing throught the jacket alter the atomic structure of H2O giving it a sweeter taste which hydrates faster than standard water in clear plastic. Hell I could sell it by the case and they would all swear by it.

Man I need to start a company that sells this BS to morons with way to much cash flow. Could retire in a year haha. Oh wait... **** about 50,000 companies have already figured this out!
****, i gotta go and patent that idea

Doh looks like I quoted the wrong site, I have to run to work now "in Switzerland and it is **** cold here" Will find it when I get back tonight... well tommorow morning for you guys. It was a hilarious fight.

for whatever it's worth, i was driving right next to a radio tower (within 20 ft) and it came through the speakers, despite me having a cd playing at the time. i didnt realize that could happen. it was with cheap white and blue RCA's, i doubt they were shielded. so i guess interference can come through, depending upon where you are if you do not use quality RCA's.
was probably due to your head unit not the rca's. just like cell phones can interfere with some computer monitor signals.

was probably due to your head unit not the rca's. just like cell phones can interfere with some computer monitor signals.
yea, i believe its an FCC standard that electronic devices have to be able to accept interfereance. says so on right on the cd player (as well as other items).

i know when im about to get a phone call from my cell phone because i can hear a weird ass noise in my speakers about 2 seconds before it rings, every time. and this is the same with 3 different rca brands and qualities so far.

Doh looks like I quoted the wrong site, I have to run to work now "in Switzerland and it is **** cold here" Will find it when I get back tonight... well tommorow morning for you guys. It was a hilarious fight.
Switzerland? WTF? Hot Coco, Gold, and Cuckoo Clocks.

yea, i believe its an FCC standard that electronic devices have to be able to accept interfereance. says so on right on the cd player (as well as other items).
i know when im about to get a phone call from my cell phone because i can hear a weird ass noise in my speakers about 2 seconds before it rings, every time. and this is the same with 3 different rca brands and qualities so far.
If you run active it could be picking it up in several places.

like a pulsing sound. similar to morris code. kinda hard to explain
Stop bits on a digital sequence... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.