AUDIOBAHN?!why does everyone hate them?

foomasta69
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im thinking about getting either

Audiobahn AW1206T or the Audiobahn ALUM12Q...

so why does everyone hate audiobahn? are they cheap or something, i think 1000W RMS is pretty good for a sub you can get for around $125 on ebay... they look nice too. so please let me know whats so bad about them, specifically whats bad about the ones i listed above..

thanks

exactly they have more chrome than nething.....they pretty much r terrible drivers there iight if u like bling but most ppl here will tell u they suk...and personally i think there cones r ugly jus ma $0.02

So you mean all that chrome doesnt add dB's....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Why is it that people just assume that if a sub has a high rms power handling then it must be a great sub? I have heard subs sound like **** off a thousand watts and then I have heard amazing subs getting like 400w each.

Why is it that people just assume that if a sub has a high rms power handling then it must be a great sub? I have heard subs sound like **** off a thousand watts and then I have heard amazing subs getting like 400w each.
Who assumes that? Generally though if a sub can handle more power, it will be a little louder and clearer at higher volumes. You wouldnt expect a Shiva to stay as clear and loud as a brahma at the same volume lvls would you? (both in proper boxes for you smart asses)

i had the 1206t. ran it in a 1 cuft sealed box, and in a 3.2ft^3 ported box @ 36 Hz (audiobahn's 'SPL' box). the sealed box was worthless, didn't really get loud and still didnt have really good SQ. the ported box got pretty loud and it took my JBL 1200.1 daily like a champ. running it @ 2 ohms and it getting ~1200 watts. Not the greatest SQ in the world though. I didn't try any of the SQL boxes audiobahn has on their site. As long as you dont pay like $300 retail for it, I'd say its not a bad woofer. yes it does not have great SQ, but it gets pretty loud. Its all in what you are lookin for. If you want SQ you might want to look somewhere else.

foomasta my advice to you is to listen to one for yourself and see if you like it. if you like it, then it really doesnt matter why everyone else hates them does it?

i had an alum10 audiobahn in a 2.5 cu box ported to 38 hz. It handled 450 rms ported. The thing hit massive on some tracks. It was lOUD. It lacked SQ and sounded BOOMY and the response was slow. those are the cons. It really depends on the box and i got the sub for 60 bucks.

Audiobahn is alright when its comes to dealing with your first or second system. You might learn alot about enclosures when dealing with bahn. Hey you gotta start some where.

Heres the deal foomasta, a lot of people hate Audiobahn because they hear the systems of their low end subs placed in pre fab boxes bought of eBay. (My first system) Other people hear the higher end stuff and still dont like Abahn. I have been working with Audiobahn since I started with car audio. I would say stay away from the AlumQ. AW1206T or higher in my opinion if you want to know what Audiobahn actually sounds like. I owned the AW1208T, and it pounded like a mother in 1.75 cu. prefab ported box. I cant tell you much about the 1206T except that it has slightly less power handling than 1208T. One thing I must stress though. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY if you plan on putting this sub in a sealed box. They are not made for sealed, and will disappoint you. Yes, there are better subs out there but I got the 1208T on eBay for 150, and thats pretty good for what it produced. Id say go with the 1208T just because it can be wired to 1 ohm and you will have a much easier time finding an amp to power it. Good Luck.

That 1000W RMS isnt a real 1000W RMSAudiobahn tends to over rate things, which is like lying
I don't agree with that i have plugged up many of audiobahns to walls and they usually take it like a champ... well the AW--05's, Immortals, and AW--08's take it like a champ lasting a good 3 to 6+ minutes. Now for the AW--06's and ALUMs and AW--00's They are over rated with each one being able to take about 400w daily from my experience. but that's just my .02

alright so if not audiobahn, what should i get? i want a good sub but wouldn’t cost me over 150$ on eBay... im looking for something LOUD.

any suggestions?

oh and i have a rockford fosgate 1001bd amp 1000w RMS @ 2 ohms (is not recommended to wire any less then 2 ohm)

thanks for helping me out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.