Bass

Participant count
  • Participant list
New to this forum, so looking for some advice, I have been noticing that I am getting no bass cut out even when the bass knob is all the way off, just recently started happening, any ideas on what it could be? Thanks in advance.
1@pnutt559. Need clarification.

“ I have been noticing that I am getting no bass cut out even when the bass knob is all the way off”

Not sure what the end goal is. Remote BASS knobs are usually for increasing or decreasing a band of frequencies, say 35Hz to 45Hz, or a specific BASS frequency (Like variable to a12db MAX at 40Hz) already going to the amp. This is brand/model dependant. When the knob is all the way down(off) the response is flat (or unchanged from the source), up is gradual attenuation (increase in volume) at a band of or specific frequency, at any given volume level. If you are thinking that it is a volume (relative to gain) control, usually not (except on only the cheapest crap there is).

“just recently started happening, any ideas on what it could be? Thanks in advance”

Again, need to clarify what “that” is. It almost sound like your talking about using this knob as a crossover to cut BASS out, like to your regular speakers? That is not a function of a BASS knob.

List the make/model of the amp, what it is used for adn what the goal is, should be able to assist.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...