Audio Brand Quality List? Price/Performance Question

Stihl's parts are the same ones used by so many other makers out there. Yes they stand behind their quality and warranty but the same chainsaw I bought from Craftsman in a 18" uses the same stuff as Echo, Stihl and many others. Only difference I found with Stihl is they use a different number link chain for the 18" saw I have but the bar is the same.

Stihl parts are also sold all over eBay and Amazon as well for cheaper then what dealers sell.

But otherwise hispls is dead on. Living where I live ordering online is the only way for 95% of the stuff I get otherwise it is at least an hour drive one way and eh screw that. Not unless it is an emergency and have to have that second otherwise prime is 2 days away for just about anything.

Most of those "dealer only" companies will deal with you direct if there are no nearby brick and mortar dealers. I expect it is at least partly to do with just protecting the companies that shell out loads of money to keep a store full of their product from being under-cut. Kind of nice if you're a dealer and people don't just order online to save 5$ or whatever then show up expecting you to warranty and install it.
I always thought they would blow me off if i tried to go direct
I will give it a try
Thanks

I see some amps claiming 1200w for $400 and I'm skeptical of that price/performance ratio.
Don't be. Alot of times those are the type of amps that are still being traded and sold even 10 years after purchase. Most of those brands have patents, real engineers, higher quality capicators/heatsinks, better efficency ratings, and lower distortion

Alot of people who pay those type of prices it's more of a "one and done" ordeal (buy the amp, run it for 10+ years) where the people who do the other extreme (cheaply built amps with poor installs) end up going through multiple amps during that same timeframe thus there actually in the long run not saving money.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...