Audible difference between SA-12 and L7?

L7 is junk thats all there is to it
Not junk ...just over priced ...most people who run l7s could care less about any sq ..

and just trying to rattle there ****. So if you care less about sound and just trying to look cool to your friends and be somewhat loud the l7 is for you lmao

L7's arent that bad, but they are also not that great...kinda like the purgatory of subs

I'm willing to bet that most of the people that have posted in here have never owned an L7. I have a pair of L7 10s that are just sitting around so I won't be admit to hear them for a few months when I get a chance to build a box for them.

L7's arent that bad, but they are also not that great...kinda like the purgatory of subs
I'm willing to bet that most of the people that have posted in here have never owned an L7. I have a pair of L7 10s that are just sitting around so I won't be admit to hear them for a few months when I get a chance to build a box for them.
Have had plenty of l7s picked up a first gen for 5$ last week and made a thread... Spl gunna make it a sick round 8" most likely

I think most people prolly have ran l7s because before you know anything every one thinks that and w7 are as good as it gets .. Well around here anyway

My town is infested with l7's. Sick of em. They do get loud though. Tired of the "hey what you running..... oh that's cool I'm running l7's though! Mumble mumble deebeez mumble mumble louder than mumble."

To me its more the people that buy them then the sub itself. But OP they will get loud for ya.

My town is infested with l7's. Sick of em. They do get loud though. Tired of the "hey what you running..... oh that's cool I'm running l7's though! Mumble mumble deebeez mumble mumble louder than mumble."
To me its more the people that buy them then the sub itself. But OP they will get loud for ya.
You sure we arent from the same town?

Lmao it's just so true.... Lol I could be runnin 2 sundown audio z's and the kid down the block wit l7s still gunna think he's louder then they here your setup... And the head scratching begins ... Or there still in denial and beyond helping at that point

The whole hobby revolves around getting the most bang for your buck in most cases. With the L7 you shell out more money for an inferior product. Secondly you get a junky prefab enclosure. 10 times out of 10 prefab ported boxes are completely wrong. Same thing with JL. You over pay for what you get when there are equivalent/better products for a fraction of the cost. Your paying for a name, tons of marketing, and a bunch of ******** that doesnt benefit you. Almost nobody in the main stream sub market does any R&D.

With the SA you are getting a better quality sub. An easier sub to recone if you damage soft parts. It will sound better, Customer Service is better from Sundown. You will get more for your money and even probably save some.

Any time you get a sub you should have a custom box built to bring out the full potential. You should never run prefabs unless your running a sealed enclosure. Even then you need to take special precautions such as resealing all of the edges to avoid air leaks.

Out of the 2 you listed Id take the SA any day.

The down fall of the internet brands is most of them come out of the same warehouse and are all almost identical.

The OP is noobalicious so he'd probably think the L7 in the prefab "Livin' Loud" enclosure is the shiz. I had an L5 for awhile I got off CL for CHEAP for some temporary bass. I was slightly impressed until I considered what they cost new. The SA in a nice enclosure will run circles around the L7. If you're new to car audio and can get one cheap the L7 is still a decent product. Just overrated and overpriced.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.