attention jl haters

I just got rid of my frontier a month ago and my friend has an 07. He built a pretty nasty box that went like a P shape that held an 18" BTL. It allows great airspace with only taking up one seat. If you're wondering what the hell did he do with the bottom part of the P, he just slapped his capacitor and amp on each side :]

It had a port, but I can't quite remember where it was. I can ask if you're interested in the build. It looked dope as hell at the end in all black suede carpet

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

heres the pic...there is a lump in my floor so thats why its crooked. should i keep it faced like that or firing up?
LOL.

A lump? That's more than a lump dude. I'd work on working that out before you continue with your setup.

Hey that second one is rated 800w, it doesn't count //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Those subs better sound amazing and make me some **** french toast while playing for that price...

I guess I missed the part where the OP said what amp he's using...
Come to think of it, I don't believe he mentioned that little tidbit. Sadly, until the OP identifies what he doesn't like from the 12w6v2 and has an idea of what "sound" he is looking for, he probably won't be satisfied with an "upgrade".

I don't know about anyone else here, but I've built as many as FIVE enclosures before I completely abandoned a subwoofer. After enclosure #5 I concluded that the 2006 model 12" Solo-baric L5 was NOT for me. Come to think if it, enclosure #3 was the enclosure that had me liking my 10w3v2s after two sealed attempts ****** major ass.

There are many other companies I'd support before SSA. What they have isn't special enough to justify dealing with a company with that kind of track record.
what track record is that? seriously, back up your statement. of course, we all know where this will go, lol. and we know it's ********, your little click got butthurt and threw a temper tantrum. SSA went far above what most sponsors do for their people, and i know more then a few highly sponsored people with way more world titles then dave.

you guys really need to get over yourselves. all of you are intelligent, knowledgeable people, of that there is no doubt. but immaturity can be tossed in there as well bro. and that is what kills me.

btw, SSA more then holds their own against anyone. Aaron and Mark will back their products, and their products are definitely some of the better ones out there. take jim's opinion with a grain of salt. there is some history there that is personal. that little click mentioned above did very well, very well, running a custom built for them ICON driver. hell, take mine with a grain of salt. i think the ICON is a great ported box driver, but is underachieving sealed. and that's the only SSA driver i listened to. but it is strong as hell and will take a beating, and it sounds great doing it.

wow, i actually posted here again...lol

and if one must know, i'm not currently running crap. don't have a system in any vehicle, work is way more important. i spend more time writing citations for systems now then working on them....ironic, isn't it? hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Those subs better sound amazing and make me some **** french toast while playing for that price...
They do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i think the ICON is a great ported box driver, but is underachieving sealed.
Which is exactly why I think it'd be a step backward from the W6v2 - which does do very well sealed.

The Icon that I did hear didn't stack up to the W6v2, IMO, and that wasn't stock, it had been modified to deal with the very low-Qts install.

It's a shame that I can't back up my statement, because I only saved Ramos's post and not Mark's originals...and now all traces of that are surely gone from there.

The ironic thing is that I never really cared what happened to Dave, Ramos or Webster on the forum - I wasn't directly involved, wasn't my issue. What made me leave the site was Mark's antics afterwards. As a forum administrator, you're supposedly professional enough to not play with people's accounts without cause.

Although, the "come back when you've won a world title" comment is a lot funnier after...2 world titles //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

morse147

10+ year member
morse147
san diego ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from