attention jl haters

Incriminator Audio is well known for "loud" subs, but the Flatlyne is their SQ model. Just like everything else IA makes, the Flatlyne is nice.
I don't personally use them, but I'm going to. I've been told by pretty reliable sources that they're very nice.

Here's a link that contains more info and a review: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382255
looked it over and it looks nice, but i couldnt find a price. how much are they?

The IA recommendation is a good one, but I still don't think it's worth changing from the W6v2. Go sealed, and see how you like that. It really is the least important part of the system...
If I was choosing between a JL W6 or an IA Flatlyne, I'd choose the Flatlyne. If I already owned the W6, I'd just keep it.

you can make a btl sound suprisingly nice even in a ported box if you know what you're doing.

from what you're telling me that 12w6v2 with a box is a decent deal for $175. I'd say stick with that for a while, and if you feel its not enough look into a battery upgrade along with your power wire. If it's still not enough go with a 1kw or more amp and be conservative on the gain knob. if it's still not enough after that then sell the jl for what you paid for it and go with some a lil beefier.
a battery upgrade? would it make it sound better? my battery is 2 years old..would switching to an optima make it better?

I run optima, But i would suggest going with a different brand, IMHO.

something along the lines of kinetic, C&D, Stinger, Deka..

What amp are you running? I got 750 RMS on a 15" RE audio SE Sealed in 2 cubes.. Gets plenty loud for me, And sounds good doing it. However they are discontinued and from what ive read no one likes thier new model's. I do have a second sub for sale if you interested tho. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i understand that the box i have now is a little small for the sub, buts that about the biggest size i can fit in the space i have. would a 1.5cbft sealed be better? i listen to about 80% rap/hiphop and 20% rock
I must ask, what is it you don't like about the 12w6v2 that you have now?

Also, you can try sealing the enclosure you have now by stuffing something into the port (sweatshirt, sweatpants, etc.) or pull the sub and stuff/tape it from inside the enclosure. The point is don't do something permanent, just do something to see if that is the sound you are looking for or not.

Bubba I edited my post within 10 sec of posting.
My ninja reply'ing skills are superior to your ninja editing skills //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

What does price have to do with power handling //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Not much, but you don't find many $500 subs that are only rated at 750rms. Usually as you increase the price you increase the power handling //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i dont know if anyone has said this...that box, just sitting on your seat...looks like ****. Build it under the seat or atleast do something to make it look good...

Do you like how the sub sounds in that box? Its probably tuned pretty high for the w6.
it sounds good. just lookin for something maby a little better. i have no idea whats its tuned to. the shop did it for me after i installed it.
I must ask, what is it you don't like about the 12w6v2 that you have now?
Also, you can try sealing the enclosure you have now by stuffing something into the port (sweatshirt, sweatpants, etc.) or pull the sub and stuff/tape it from inside the enclosure. The point is don't do something permanent, just do something to see if that is the sound you are looking for or not.
i dont really hate the sub, just lookin for something better. good idea. ill try that out soon.

Not much, but you don't find many $500 subs that are only rated at 750rms. Usually as you increase the price you increase the power handling //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
im probably sticking with my same amp...but in case i dont do u have any suggestions that wont break the bank?

i dont know if anyone has said this...that box, just sitting on your seat...looks like ****. Build it under the seat or atleast do something to make it look good...
no one said it. know why? cuz i didnt ask them if it looks like ****. and the seat is folded up. like i stated before there is a lump in the floor so sits crooked. and under my seats only have a depth of 5 1/2 inchs. my w6 isnt gonna fit down there. im not a box building technician so im not going to try and build a ported box just to make it look good when i got that box for next to nothing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

morse147

10+ year member
morse147
san diego ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from