Arrg...Stupid question. Because im dumb like that.

Like the above poster said, yeah...but unless it's like the JL Slash series or PG Tantrum monoblocks, it'll produce half the power.

However, there are exceptions like the amps I listed.

Ok, so I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Infinity Gold amp, im pretty sure its rated at 2 ohms. I have done some looking, and on some other forum a random guy said its a 2ohm amp. I was wondering if you guys had anymore hard facts regarding that.

Yeah, I got the model number, I can go look it up...But I already typed it into google and everything. Absolutely no info found. I also took out the speakers to see if the impedance was somewhere on that....nothing. Ill go look ath the model number right now.

Measure the speakers with a DMM...you'll get the actual impedance, which might be 3.7 ohms or something for a 4 ohm "nominal" speaker; that number could help you.

dont feel stupid!!!

thats why ur here askin question to gain knowledge...u dont learn everything overnite...and ur question isn't really a stupid one...ur just someone who has questions that people here can answer

Yeah sorry, i didnt clearify, it is the stock infinity gold amp. Does anyone have any info on the amp?

I want to go with some aftermarked speakers, havent really decided which ones yet. I would really like to use the stock amp, but I just want to know if it will really make much of a difference vs. just using the HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.