Are walls always louder?

I want a loud daily. Would like to hit 150. 2 15 IDMAX 8 ft3 tuned to 35 with 22.5 sq in of port area. Amp will be orion xtr4000.1d and mechman 270 or 300 alternator. Doing everything piece by piece. Box is built.

I want a loud daily. Would like to hit 150. 2 15 IDMAX 8 ft3 tuned to 35 with 22.5 sq in of port area. Amp will be orion xtr4000.1d and mechman 270 or 300 alternator. Doing everything piece by piece. Box is built.
Might want to rebuild your box with proper amounts of port area first dude. At least 5-6 times that port area...

[quote name='KilluminatiDre']I want a loud daily. Would like to hit 150. 2 15 IDMAX 8 ft3 tuned to 35 with 22.5 sq in of port area. Amp will be orion xtr4000.1d and mechman 270 or 300 alternator. Doing everything piece by piece. Box is built.[/QUOTE]
wow yeah u may coulda got by with like 80 sq in if u had lot less power but with 4.5k u need a min of like 116 sq in i would think.. maybe @shredder2 can model that box for u..

Thats 22.5 per cube so 180. No way im getting 5-6 times more.
then you should have put port per cube not 22.5 sq inches of port area. There's a GIANT difference between the two.

You have too much port area with that lmao and no their recommendations are not what gets you loud. Port area is relative to your input power along your vehicle acoustics. Just going off blind manufacturer recommendations already means you have a super sub par box thats not anywhere near a proper custom ported

Also you seriously fked up, The manufacturer recommended 22.5 sq inch PER 15 not port per cube.

And is it possible to build a wall around an existing box? My current box is already just about the entire width of my cargo area. This is in an 08 tahoe.
May or may not help. Sometimes loading the port into the rear or side works very nicely and if you're not prepared to build a proper wall and do some tweaking simply aiming everything forward and building some trim pieces around the edges may just as easily hurt as help.

Also you seriously fked up, The manufacturer recommended 22.5 sq inch of port area per 15 aka just the opening of the slot port not port per cube never did it ever specify port per cube, just look at the aero port recommendations 5 inch aero x 16.4 how much port area do you think that is. Box rebuild or port modifications is seriously needed with your enclosure plain and simple. Way too much port area can cause the subs to act like they are in infinite baffle costing a fk ton of output.

ZxdVX6.jpg

With a port that large you may never get the subs to move enough to "use" the port

I had a single 18" in a large box with a huge port and anything under 3k and it fell flat on its face. But once I started to add more power it came alive. Was working good and not like a box with a big hole in it

You could try 2 or 3 6" aeros

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.