Can anybody please help design an enclosure for 2 zv4 15

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeffro83

Senior VIP Member
So I am about to build a slot ported box for my 2 zv4 15s tried searching Google and this forum but can't find any designs that were made for my vehicle and the power I'm running I will be running a vfl comp 4K to each sub at 2 ohms until I get a high-output alternator then I will be strapping the amps at 1 ohm nominal so each amp will see .5 ohms right now I have an AGM group 34/78 under the hood and 4 AGM group 31 for the trunk two runs of 0 gauge front to back I will also be running a Rockford Fosgate Punch 700 x and a crossfire Tek 35.4 for mids and highs the vehicle is a 1998 GMC Yukon it is not a Denali it's the shorter four-door just like a Tahoe the subs are zv4 15 rev one Motors with Sundown baskets and custom recones don't know anything about the Recones other than they are d 1 ohm but I will be reconing them with stock Sundown soft parts next summer probably try to get stock rev 2 recones if I can if not then I will just recone them back to stock revision 1 zv4 s my Max dimensions are 47in. wide 20in. high and 30in. deep but that leaves no room for Port clearance I would like to do Subs up Port back with the port in the middle of the box if possible I already have the material for the Box it is three quarter inch MDF and I will be doing a double baffle I have built several speaker boxes but always just used the manufacturer's recommended enclosure or the cheap speaker box calculator apps but I have read several times that those apps are not accurate so I thought I would ask some of you Pros for a little help

I'd try to help... but I'm not at home ( no computer)... I'm not the only guy on here that can model em and make recommendations... what kinda power do those amps do into 1 ohm strapped?

You got plenty of port clearance dude, I have the same vehicle. If you do subs up, port back, it'll be best for ya....proven many times over to sound best and loudest.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner not getting notifications for some reason these amps are the same bored as the crescendo bc3500d and ton of other 3.5k's so I'm guessing power will be similar the reason I said that about Port clearance is because the amp rack is going in between the box and back seat so that will push the box back but I definitely want to do SUB up Port back and looking at the numbers again I think you are definitely right about Port clearance that amp rack will be 13 in wide at the bottom and 6in wide at the top to follow the angle of the back seat

Sorry I didn't reply sooner not getting notifications for some reason these amps are the same bored as the crescendo bc3500d and ton of other 3.5k's so I'm guessing power will be similar the reason I said that about Port clearance is because the amp rack is going in between the box and back seat so that will push the box back but I definitely want to do SUB up Port back and looking at the numbers again I think you are definitely right about Port clearance that amp rack will be 13 in wide at the bottom and 6in wide at the top to follow the angle of the back seat
Got a hard number to use power wise at 1 ohm strapped?

They are rated to do 4K at 1ohm each but I have not seen any clamps or dinos on these amps and I've tried Googling the AB vfl 200.1 for dinos or clamps and didn't come up with much that amp uses the same bored also well the newest model anyway best I can probably do is try to Google some b c 3500 clamps at .5 give you that number or DC 3.5 k they all use the same bored so power should be similar I'm assuming

My amps are under the rear seat....if you can manage to make an amp rack under it, there's space there and won't interfere with the seat down. That's where mine are.

So I just tried Googling other amps like mine at .5 but it is super hard to get any concrete numbers out of that mess if you or anybody else has the time 2 model a box for me I would honestly say just use your best judgement on what you think 2 3500 will do at .5 each I have seen several boxes you have done on other people's post and I trust your judgement 100% so whatever you say to make the box I will build and if not I am going to try this generic box that I made with this stupid Box app it says at 47 width 21 height 26 depth with one extra baffle .5 for displacements port with of 7.5 in height of 17.75 in and a length of 30 in that I will have a net of 8.7 tuned to 32.29 Hertz with 133.12 square in of port area and 2.9 cubic feet of Port volume and 15.3 Square in of Port area per foot sorry if that's confusing and hard to follow I am deliriously tired and about to crash will check back in the morning

I thought about putting my highs amps under the seat but I don't think that both of the sub amps and both of the highs amps will fit under there I could be wrong once I get the box built in the truck pulled in the garage I will know what I'm going to do for sure but my general idea is to build a amp rack on top of the batteries behind the back seat since the seat is angled anyway it will cost me some room in the back but I think I still should have enough

When I click the link it takes me to his home page I guess you would call it don't see any video but I am not stuck on strapping them they do not have to be strapped at all I just thought it was better when running Subs in a shared chamber so you have the exact same signal and power going to each sub so if I don't strap the amps should I build the box to where each sub has its own chamber

So... 20h x 47w x 24-25d?... I'm not seeing a problem with fitting a pair of 15's in that space... I'm not gonna say for sure... but tomorrow I'm gonna check... port back/subs up?.. on around 7K before rise?.. in a Yukon?.. a pair of ZV4-15's?.. why not?..

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.