Are there amps that run reliably (not scalding) bridged?

So, i'm looking for about 800 rms. The Powerbass i have is 800r,s bridged at 4 ohm. It runs hot as hell but doesn't go into protect fortunately.

But as a whole, are there 2 channel amps that can be bridged without the temperature to fry an egg and are reliable?

Powering : Single Mtx thunder square ts55Wire gauge: 4

Gains: Pretty normal, bassbost like 1 or 2, gain about halfway, lpf 100
Pretty normal ... Um lol .. Turn the bass boost off step one ...step 2 set your gains right use a dmm if your not sure

Pretty normal ... Um lol .. Turn the bass boost off step one ...step 2 set your gains right use a dmm if your not sure
Lol, you think i'm mentally incapacitated!!

I actually set my gains with an oscope. Personally, i like the 1 or 2 bass boost, it adds a little bit of flavor, but that's just me.

I think the problem may actually be coming from the amp or my wires connecting the amp. So i'm just going to recheck that today. Maybe it's my ground.

Thanks though!

Like I said the Asa amps do run hot. To hot for me to sell them anymore. Check the ground also my be cheap wire starving the amp you said 4 gauge but didn't say what brand or ofc or cca

Lol, you think i'm mentally incapacitated!!I actually set my gains with an oscope. Personally, i like the 1 or 2 bass boost, it adds a little bit of flavor, but that's just me.

I think the problem may actually be coming from the amp or my wires connecting the amp. So i'm just going to recheck that today. Maybe it's my ground.

Thanks though!
Lol my bad atleast your a good sport lots of these guys get way too butthurt lol

And is there a reason you don't look into a nice mono class d amp ?

I'll bet you anything that your ground is insufficient, that is the most common cause of the amp running wayy too hot... Also, If the sub(s) you are running are in an improper enclosure design with insufficient porting (If ported) where it's choking the sub not letting it breath properly it will also make the amp cook...

If it's powering a subwoofer you really should consider going to a Class D mono amplifier. Class AB amps just aren't meant to work with low ohm loads very well, despite what any of their specs say, new or old, they won't touch the efficiency of a Class D, and will always run hot bridged on subwoofers. Only thing you can do is wire the ohm load up higher and use an amp that's rated twice the power you need so you still get the power you need, or lots of fans. Even with fans will get hot eventually if you run it hard enough.

Nothing wrong with a Class D amp, even for full range use. Just be sure to buy a decent one.

Wire: knu koncepts 4 gauge cca

So i seem to have located my problem, haha. I feel like an idiot but, i've never really had to deal with this problem. I'm sure that my ground is attached to my chassis (pretty sure that's part of the chassis), That little hole is where it is usually attached (duh!). The thing is i was too lazy to grind off the outer layer, but i feel like there has to be something else to cause this bad of a burn?

how should i go about fixing this?

is there a better place for my ground?

Can i still us that ring terminal? The wire behind the burnt part should still be good.

P.s: i just picked up a soundstream rubicon 1.1000d on the cheap. Looks dope!

Never mind the lack of shiny metal, that's a very poor place to ground an amp drawing that much current. Get a new ring terminal and make sure the wire is shiny a couple of inches back from the exposed end. Look for a place on the central part of the floor of the body to drill a hole and put a nut on a bolt from under the car. Stay the **** away from the gas tank.

Wire: knu koncepts 4 gauge ccaSo i seem to have located my problem, haha. I feel like an idiot but, i've never really had to deal with this problem. I'm sure that my ground is attached to my chassis (pretty sure that's part of the chassis), That little hole is where it is usually attached (duh!). The thing is i was too lazy to grind off the outer layer, but i feel like there has to be something else to cause this bad of a burn?

how should i go about fixing this?

is there a better place for my ground?

Can i still us that ring terminal? The wire behind the burnt part should still be good.

P.s: i just picked up a soundstream rubicon 1.1000d on the cheap. Looks dope!
It was probably loose. That's usually where heat gets into connections, where it's loose. New terminal, strip wire back, find a more solid place that will hold a screw better, knock the paint off with sandpaper or flat head screwdriver first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.