Are the maxx-link's discontinued because not working properly?

46panel
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Michigan
So I've been wanting to get a maxx-link for my two IA 40.1's so I dont have no phasing issue with the subs and because I have heard some great things about them adding power and db (even if its a tenth lol). Here is a thread showing that Power Up Grade With Maxx-Link - SSA Car Audio Forum.

Anyways been talking to another guy with a similar setup and he went through 3 maxx-links and they all kept having a problem, He contacted maxxsonics and talked to them and said they were going to fix the issue. Then he just recently got another and put it in, and I was talking to him and he convinced me to get one because he could really tell it was an improvement in his system. So I ordered one from onlinecarstereo and I tell him and he says well his isnt working again. So he contacted Mike at maxxsonics who took a brand new one out and had the same problem as him. So I was really hoping mine would be ok and work. Well I notice that mine wasn't shipped yet and call and they said they are being on back order from the manufactor. So i'm wondering if anyone knows if I should take the chance of getting a used one or wait till they fix the problem or what because haven't heard of that many problems with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
they dont generally last long... on the streets prolly 6 months to a year worth of play... then something burns up on the inside... and idk how the *** u could gain from one of these... if you match your gains correctly or strap them u should have no issues

So I've been wanting to get a maxx-link for my two IA 40.1's so I dont have no phasing issue with the subs and because I have heard some great things about them adding power and db (even if its a tenth lol). Here is a thread showing that Power Up Grade With Maxx-Link - SSA Car Audio Forum.
Anyways been talking to another guy with a similar setup and he went through 3 maxx-links and they all kept having a problem, He contacted maxxsonics and talked to them and said they were going to fix the issue. Then he just recently got another and put it in, and I was talking to him and he convinced me to get one because he could really tell it was an improvement in his system. So I ordered one from onlinecarstereo and I tell him and he says well his isnt working again. So he contacted Mike at maxxsonics who took a brand new one out and had the same problem as him. So I was really hoping mine would be ok and work. Well I notice that mine wasn't shipped yet and call and they said they are being on back order from the manufactor. So i'm wondering if anyone knows if I should take the chance of getting a used one or wait till they fix the problem or what because haven't heard of that many problems with them.
shouldve done your research you will NEVER SEE YOUR MAXXLINK FROM ONLINECARSTEREO garbage *** website you wont even get a chance to get yours to stop working lol that thing will be on back order with them till the end of time lol

shouldve done your research you will NEVER SEE YOUR MAXXLINK FROM ONLINECARSTEREO garbage *** website you wont even get a chance to get yours to stop working lol that thing will be on back order with them till the end of time lol
Yea good thing I called. Money has been refunded tho, so that's what matters.

crapsonics dosent even make anything loud anymore. all there big amps GONE, like they fell off the map...
why should they make big amps? They sell a bajillion brutus's to high school kids for their "kicker" subs to roll in their 15 year old honda's.

i enjoyed my maxxlink. the remote knob on mine didnt work, but the unit itself was solid. lasted well against daily abuse for at leasta good year, year anda a half ish. Never burnt up on me or let me down. Is it possible user error or over abuse killed his 3 maxxlinks?

and on the big amp note. im glad i got one of the older xx-cyclops....it does it's job quite well.

i enjoyed my maxxlink. the remote knob on mine didnt work, but the unit itself was solid. lasted well against daily abuse for at leasta good year, year anda a half ish. Never burnt up on me or let me down. Is it possible user error or over abuse killed his 3 maxxlinks?

and on the big amp note. im glad i got one of the older xx-cyclops....it does it's job quite well.
Don't think its user error after hearing from some pretty big competitors saying they had problems with theres also.

i had one and it didnt seem to ever work so i got a new one and was working then it died the first show i went to. and some of the other competitors told me it was a pos i only one one d8 at the time i got a second d9 now and alot of ppl seem to just gain match the amps instead of strapping them these days since each amp will see a different input voltage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.