Mirror Link Issue

rundaddy48

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I just installed the Boss Elite 745 head unit and Im curious as ti the bypass for the parking brake wire. On my old Blaupunkt I just grounded it to the unit chassis. I've done the same with the Boss Unit and SD's will only show Jpeg images and the A Link tells me no device detected. Im using an S 22 Ultra Android. So my question is , does the grounding to the Chassis not work with Boss and A Link screen mirroring? Thanks

Did you try connecting it to the actual parking brake wire, instead of bypassing it?? If the issue persists, you will know that there is another issue. Just a suggestion.

All it's doing is getting either a ground or voltage. It's just completing a circuit one way or the other to signal the parking brake is on, so that it can activate GPS (legally).

Can't you just run a wire off power and ground, (even extend from the battery to test), and just see.

Hello, I just installed the Boss Elite 745 head unit and Im curious as ti the bypass for the parking brake wire. On my old Blaupunkt I just grounded it to the unit chassis. I've done the same with the Boss Unit and SD's will only show Jpeg images and the A Link tells me no device detected. Im using an S 22 Ultra Android. So my question is , does the grounding to the Chassis not work with Boss and A Link screen mirroring? Thanks
Do you have a display adapter connected the radio or is the phone hardwired to it. SD and Mirrorlink do not use the same port.

Did you try connecting it to the actual parking brake wire, instead of bypassing it?? If the issue persists, you will know that there is another issue. Just a suggestion.
Not yet I haven't but will be trying that this evening. If that works then I will figure a solution to bypassing it.
All it's doing is getting either a ground or voltage. It's just completing a circuit one way or the other to signal the parking brake is on, so that it can activate GPS (legally).

Can't you just run a wire off power and ground, (even extend from the battery to test), and just see.
Yeah the gps is the reason I was asking. Obviously I cant drive with the e brake on so I was confused as to how that's supposed to work. My driving glasses are for distance so the larger screen is easier to see when i flip my glasses up. I'm gonna try after work tonight. Want to make sure it isnt a unit issue in case I need to return it while it's still under warranty.

It's supposed to be, that you're not supposed to be able to mess with/adjust your GPS settings while you are driving, because it's a hazard. A shop is going to connect that to your parking brake, so you can't get distracted spending time inputting on your GPS without your parking brake on. Anyone installing it themselves is going to connect that to a voltage or ground, so you can adjust your GPS whenever you need to. If this was for your new-driving teenager, you might want it done the right way.

It's a hassle or a hazard, take your pick.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...