Are Alpine head units still the best? What works well with a full system upgrade?

The satellite radio is XM, i believe, if that makes a difference.

If it comes to paying for another membership or using a 3.5mm jack, I'd just go the cheap way. I stream most media from my phone anyways.

I could add components up front, but am not sure how to mount them cleanly. How does one mount them to their A pillars? Like get a new pillar cover with a spot for the speaker molded in?

There is not a ton of hidden room in these trucks so I am not sure about the subs. All I can fit in under the back seats would be an amp (or 2) on the passenger side, and a 10" down-facing sub on the driver's side. They make a molded sub box that fits in the spot that holds the back window when you take the midgate down, thought I'd prefer not to lose that window storage area if possible. Would a single 10" be sufficient? I don't really listen to gangsta' rap on full gain anymore.. cracked enough windshields doing that!

Finally, would you suggest 2 amps as opposed to one 5 channel? I have, in the past, in the past liked having the ability to change out speaker amps independently from sub amps, I am just worried their won't be enough room under the seats for two. Time to break out the tape measure, as I can probably answer some of my own questions.

Thanks!

Yea if room is of concern, then find a good 5 ch amp. Cleaner install. I think a single 10" would be sufficient in that truck but it just depends how big of a basshead you are. For the A-pillars, you have to drill a hole that fits snug with your tweeter.

IDK if Alpines are the best or not but I do know that I just purchased a pioneer DEH-80prs about an hour ago. I considered Alpine but I just like the way the Pioneer software works. I had a Pioneer a long time ago and I am familiar with it somewhat. Plus the reviews on it made me buy it. Everyone had nothing but good things to say about the system. Even my local car shop told me Pioneer was the best. I live in miami where millions of people have sound systems and these guys know there stuff. Any ways I would say go with Pioneer. PEACE.

IDK if Alpines are the best or not but I do know that I just purchased a pioneer DEH-80prs about an hour ago. I considered Alpine but I just like the way the Pioneer software works. I had a Pioneer a long time ago and I am familiar with it somewhat. Plus the reviews on it made me buy it. Everyone had nothing but good things to say about the system. Even my local car shop told me Pioneer was the best. I live in miami where millions of people have sound systems and these guys know there stuff. Any ways I would say go with Pioneer. PEACE.
The 80prs is the best single din in this current market. The reason why I say that is because it has features that many head units fall behind in. It's perfect for people who are looking to get the most sound tweaking with the lowest cost. Usually you would have to spend like a thousand to even get something close to this so really, it's a great all in one unit for the price. Alpine has always made sound quality head units, but it seems like they had a change in direction. They still make great head units but haven't made anything comparable to the 80prs except the CDA-9887 which is already quite old already. I'm sure Alpine will make a comeback in the near future. We just have to wait and see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.