Arc Audio 4050XXK and 2050XXK

Participant count
  • Participant list

n2caraudio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
First impression: The Arc Audio 4050XXK and 2050XXK are quite beautiful amplifiers, although the pictures cannot pick it up. The heatsink fins are machined aluminum, but they have an almost chrome shine to them. The amps have a nice solid feel with the exception of the bottom plate, which is an access panel to the internal workings of the amplifier. As far as the connectors go, the rca inputs are very high quality and have a nice solid feel to them when plugging in male rca connectors. I was surprised to see screw terminals on such a well built amplifier. They work ok for a lower power amp like this, but I would only hope that the larger XXK amplifiers would have either larger screws for power, or the straight wire connectors like most modern amplifiers come with.

Specs:

Arc Audio 2050XXK

Stereo @ 4 ohms: 2 x 50 watts

Stero @ 2 ohms: 2 x 95 watts

Bridged @ 4 ohms: 1 x 190 watts

THD %: Freq Response: 20 Hx - 20 KHz

Signal to Noise Ratio: 100db

Seperation: >75db

Transient Dist.: Input Sensitivity: 250 mv - 2.5 v

Bass Boost +18 db @ 45Hz

Crossover (Butterworth): 55Hz – 5.5kHz 12db stereo

Max Current Draw: 28 amps

Damping Factor: >300 @ 1Khz

Dimensions: 8.75 x 8 x 3.35

IMAG0813.jpg

IMAG0810.jpg

IMAG0809.jpg

IMAG0805.jpg

Arc Audio 4050XXK

Stereo @ 4 ohms: 4 x 50 watts

Stero @ 2 ohms: 4 x 90 watts

Bridged @ 4 ohms: 2 x 180 watts

THD %: Freq Response: 20 Hx - 20 KHz

Signal to Noise Ratio: 95db

Seperation: >65db

Transient Dist.: Input Sensitivity: 250 mv - 2.5 v

Bass Boost +18 db @ 45Hz

Crossover (Butterworth): 55Hz – 5.5kHz 12db stereo

Max Current Draw: 46 amps

Damping Factor: >300 @ 1Khz

Dimensions: 13 x 8 x 3.35

IMAG0792-1.jpg

IMAG0793.jpg

IMAG0804.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

ARCAudio3d.jpg

For the first test I hooked up the Arc 4050XXK to the front 6.5” MBQuart Components, and the rear MBQuart 6x8’s. The 2050XXK was hooked up to the 12 Fi sub bridged at 4 ohms. Once this was done, I started adjusting the settings on the amplifiers. Even from the back of the vehicle with only the radio on, I could pick out instruments and sounds in the music that had not been as pronounced in the reference amplifier.

Once all the gains and crossover points were set, I put all equializtion at 0db and turned the bass boost on each amp to the 0 position. I put in some familiar cds just to see if I could pick out things that I hadn't heard since my Zapco amplifiers. I immediatley noticed that some of the reverb from the vocals were more pronounced and natural sounding. Things like the snapping of fingers and the breathing in between vocals all became pronounced and audible. The tamborines, which are heard in the background became more a part of the music. Both amps played with very good power and authority for being only 50 watts per channel. Once pushed beyond their capabilities, I noticed an immeditate drop in sound quality, so it is very easy to know when you're exceeding the limits of the amplifiers.

For the next test I hooked up the 4050XXK and left out the 2050XXK. I wanted to see how flexible this amplifier really is. I drove the four door speakers at 2 ohms, with the front outputs and the sub bridged off the rear outputs at 4 ohms. This test was very predictable, but I wanted to prove it to myself anyway. The sub had no change in output or clarity between the 2050XXK and using the rear out of the 4050XXK. The four door speakers sounded every bit as good as they did when at 4 ohms, however couldn't get quite as loud as before without becoming audibly edgy.

Conclusion:

The Arc is quite powerful and seems to put out more than what the rated power says. The power coming from this amplifier would probably satisfy most daily drivers, and no doubt would make even the most critcal ear happy. However, if you're looking for amp that you really want to crank up, I would suggest the next more powerful xxk.

Bruce

n2caraudio.com

Old thread...

But I'm running similar amps in my setup..and yes they are indeed great amps. I'm running a 4150-XXK to my Iridiums and a 1500-XXK to the Nobelium sub.

Didnt read a whole lot but they look a little cheap IMO....
Hey now! Your talking bout my home town's company! Arc Audio is straight outta Modesto CA. However you might think the amp looks is irrelevant to how it sounds bro. I'm just messin wit cha anyways!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

n2caraudio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
n2caraudio
California
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies