RF P3 12"........Not very good.

stanky1219

Banned
tampa,fl
I just got a P3 Dual 2 ohm 12" from a friend. Built a 1.25cuft sealed box for it. Powering it with a Old School PPI 300 watt Power Class amp. NOT VERY IMPRESSIVE AT ALL.

Maybe i should have went ported? Maybe i should have more power? Maybe the acoustics in my truck just ****. IDK. all i know is if i would have paid 250 dollars for this sub i would be very pissed.

I'm giving up on bass in my truck until i can afford a PC2350 amp to match my otherss and 4 SSA DCON's.

Focusing on my highs from here on out till i can afford a respectable sub section.

well. it's going to the pawn shop tomorrow. i would rather be seen rocking out to my factory door speakers then rocking out to weak **** that required effort to hook up. just gonna wait till i have money and get either multiple dcon's or a single xcon. havent decided yet.

I love fosgate but the p3's aint s*** compared to subs like the hx2's. they cant hit lows and sound bad. i've always wanted one but i think ill pass although i had a 15" t2 and it pounded. dont get punch get power. u went wrong going sealed and 300w aint gonna cut it for a p3

I ran a pair of Punch HX2 12's on a RF 850.2 years ago and they were great subs. The newer RF subs just don't have the build quality anymore. I believe its more of a name being sold now than build quality IMO. I'd say their amps are decent, but for the price there are better deals.

I ran a pair of Punch HX2 12's on a RF 850.2 years ago and they were great subs. The newer RF subs just don't have the build quality anymore. I believe its more of a name being sold now than build quality IMO. I'd say their amps are decent, but for the price there are better deals.
That right there.

I installed a pair of RF punch subs some guy bought from some stereo warehouse a couple of days ago, they couldn't hit any lows, sounded like ***. biggest pieces of shits ive heard in a long time.

**** , i started this thread 4 fckin months ago. lol. But yeah they sounded like total butt in my truck , and i was using a very nice sounding amp on it too. PPI PC275 bridged. shoulda banged , but it didnt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

stanky1219

Banned
stanky1219
tampa,fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views