Aq Hdc3 18 vs 3 Kicker L7 15s

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
like in title. just looking to change up some. theres a guy i can get 3 L7 d4's from in trade for my 18. yes i kno they are kickers, im not big on kicker either, but just curious to what kind of numbers i can get out of 3 of them. just looking for some imput & opinions. with the L7's if im not mistakin i can drop my amp down to a .66 ohm load so i can get more power out of my amp with these. im also not sure how this works, but 3 of the l7's are a diff year make and the one i already have is a newer year. but yea just some input would be nice.....

thanks.......

That's a ton more cone area.... L7s are impressive, no matter how much people want to hate on them. There is definitely better out there, but they are loud and great bang for the buck. Remember, BIG box.

That's a ton more cone area.... L7s are impressive, no matter how much people want to hate on them. There is definitely better out there, but they are loud and great bang for the buck. Remember, BIG box.
i mean yea. dont get me wrong i like the l7's to a extent. but im just going back and forth on the situation. does the year model of the l7 matter or not because i could run 4. the 3 are the same year but the 4th is a newer year

I dont know why everyone hates on kicker. We put up a 150.4 on a termlab 2 weeks ago at 40hz in a single cab chevy truck. And believe it or not that was with 1 and yes I did say 1 kicker CVX 15 with a hifonics zeus 3000.1 on it. Its his daily driver. 4 L7 15s with ****** smash if you give them there rms but most importantly there airspace.

Trade and flip the Kickers. Unless you would like to wall off the truck you do not have the room to run more then 2 and that may be squeezing it.

The kickers have more cone area of course and do very well in the lanes most of the time.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

i mean yea. dont get me wrong i like the l7's to a extent. but im just going back and forth on the situation. does the year model of the l7 matter or not because i could run 4. the 3 are the same year but the 4th is a newer year
I wouldn't recommend running different year L7s together.

Kickers would be alot louder abd move alot more air but everyone has them i say run another hdc3 like i did it really woke up my system and no one in town has the same kind of subs as me in town

Trade and flip the Kickers. Unless you would like to wall off the truck you do not have the room to run more then 2 and that may be squeezing it.

The kickers have more cone area of course and do very well in the lanes most of the time.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I wouldn't recommend running different year L7s together.
so what your saying is 15cubes for 3 of those with aeroports wouldnt fit in a blazer?

so what your saying is 15cubes for 3 of those with aeroports wouldnt fit in a blazer?
where are you going to put it? Those 15s like tons of space and will work great for sure, but there is only so much room behind the rear seat of the blazer. No two ways about that.

where are you going to put it? Those 15s like tons of space and will work great for sure, but there is only so much room behind the rear seat of the blazer. No two ways about that.
ive done measure it. i can fit 15 cubes. thankfully my amp being vertical gives me more space to work with. but trust me. i know L7s like big boxes. my wifey has 4.7 cube after port and sub displace firing from trunk to cabin. it ****** putting the box in lol. but she does a 143 or 144 out her trunk on about 750 rms from a zx1000.1....

Kickers would be alot louder abd move alot more air but everyone has them i say run another hdc3 like i did it really woke up my system and no one in town has the same kind of subs as me in town
yea im not the only person here with aq. theres a few here in my city.

3 dual 4 subs do not wire down to .66 3 dual 2 subs do your options on the dual 4 subs is 2.6 or close to it.
really??? fvck.... i just got off a thread that said they could get down to .66....

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Oh i hear ya i was gonna tell you ill be selling mine before long going to the new nightshade's so i need to sell and build my funds
how much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.