Apillar pods

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well i sandes it and added th bondo to it last night. I talked to some guys that said if i sealed it if any was still qet it would hep dry it . Not sure how true that is but to late now. Applying the bondo was a PITA i sanded it down pretty good but there was some imperfetions so i went to go add more bondo squeezed out to much hardener and it was hard betime i applied it lol. I said f it and sprayed it with the herculiner. I figured it would cover the pinholes but its not doing the best job. Hopefully after multiple layers it will hide them if not im gonna have to resort to something else

You gotta mix the bondo right or it will dry too fast 🤣.

This will be my next experimenting. Fiber glassing. Hopefully Ill learn something from everyone here. My uncle that passed was an expert with it, though I did not pay attention too much as I was only able to visit on the weekends on a hood and body of a Race car (23 Ford T bucket rail) with a 427BB with 1250 Dominator,Jesel drive,2 spd powerglide with Transbrake, and a 7600chip,and electric shifter. I had the opportunity to be driver of that car in 1/8th mile. 4:98@128.6mph best time in it. Most time I was a little slow @the tree with a 5:01-5:02@ 124-126mph.Beautiful Fiber glassed car and removable hood scoop with chrome molley chassis and rollcage, Certified car. I always got some air in it depending on the height of the drag bars were set at .LOL.

Attachments

• 297175_148032005292851_1226757607_n.jpg
    297175_148032005292851_1226757607_n.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
This will be my next experimenting. Fiber glassing. Hopefully Ill learn something from everyone here. My uncle that passed was an expert with it, though I did not pay attention too much as I was only able to visit on the weekends on a hood and body of a Race car (23 Ford T bucket rail) with a 427BB with 1250 Dominator,Jesel drive,2 spd powerglide with Transbrake, and a 7600chip,and electric shifter. I had the opportunity to be driver of that car in 1/8th mile. 4:98@128.6mph best time in it. Most time I was a little slow @the tree with a 5:01-5:02@ 124-126mph.Beautiful Fiber glassed car and removable hood scoop with chrome molley chassis and rollcage, Certified car. I always got some air in it depending on the height of the drag bars were set at .LOL.
Most my Pictures were on my other computer that crashed on me. Im sure i could try get them back off there one day. with the help of a friend,we ended up building a 27 roadster,that the hood turned out really nice with two air inlets. It ended up with a full blown alcohol engine in it. I made 28 passes in it before my uncle began his medical issues, and he had passed away. All the Race gear ended up getting sold. he molded the entire car. It was absolutely beautiful. Ill get pics up one day when retrieved.

You gotta mix the bondo right or it will dry too fast 🤣.
Lol it was def a learning process. I should have taken more time with the bondo and sanded it down a little better. I couldnt get the herculiner to come out textured so i used the granite stone spray then covered that with the herculiner. It gave it a good textured looked and covered alot of the imperfections but you can still see some. I may pull them off eventually and redo them but they are good enough for now. Appreciatte the help !

Most my Pictures were on my other computer that crashed on me. Im sure i could try get them back off there one day. with the help of a friend,we ended up building a 27 roadster,that the hood turned out really nice with two air inlets. It ended up with a full blown alcohol engine in it. I made 28 passes in it before my uncle began his medical issues, and he had passed away. All the Race gear ended up getting sold. he molded the entire car. It was absolutely beautiful. Ill get pics up one day when retrieved.
Hell yeah man. One of these days im gonna build me a car. Wont be nothing that crazy but would like to have something quick. Built a couple when i was younger but couldnt stay outta trouble with them lol. The fiberglass was kind of a pita but wasnt to bad, it takes patience waiting on it to dry tho . I think if you get a qaulity product it would make it alot easier. The bondo and sanding is what is really time consuming (if your wanting perfection).

Yahoo used to have an awesome fiberglassing forum, but it's gone now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...