Anything else I need?

Airman21
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
I will be having a system put into my new car. I have been buying stuff I need so I don't get screwed on the price from an installer. I want keep my stock radio. This is what I have so far:

2- 8" SA v.2

Sundown SAZ-1000D

ID CTX 6.5

Phoenix Gold xenon x100.2

1.5 cubed box

1/0 gauge and fuse for big 3

amp kits for both amps

Battery terrminals

Speaker wire

I was thinking about getting an AudioControl Lineout convertor but I am unsure which one I would need.

Am I missing anything?

I will be having a system put into my new car. I have been buying stuff I need so I don't get screwed on the price from an installer. I want keep my stock radio. This is what I have so far:
2- 8" SA v.2

Sundown SAZ-1000D

ID CTX 6.5

Phoenix Gold xenon x100.2

1.5 cubed box

1/0 gauge and fuse for big 3

amp kits for both amps

Battery terrminals

Speaker wire

I was thinking about getting an AudioControl Lineout convertor but I am unsure which one I would need.

Am I missing anything?
Distribution block to split the power to both amps?

Distribution block to split the power to both amps?
Adding to this.

Get a 1/0 amp kit -> distro block (1/0 in 2 4g out) -> 4g to individual amps

1/0 Ground wire -> distro block (1/0 in 2 4g out) -> 4g to individual amps

If you have the room you can have each amp grounded individually instead of going to a distro block. I have a distro block for my grounds and I don't have any noise or issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding to this.
Get a 1/0 amp kit -> distro block (1/0 in 2 4g out) -> 4g to individual amps

1/0 Ground wire -> distro block (2/0 in 2 4g out) -> 4g to individual amps

If you have the room you can have each amp grounded individually instead of going to a distro block. I have a distro block for my grounds and I don't have any noise or issues.
Wondering why 2/0 in for 1/0 gauge wire on the ground. typo?

I would get one of the Audiocontrol units. Either the lc6i or the lc7i. I'm using the lc7i right now in my ride for the same reason and the audiocontrol units are top notch. I've used some of the cheap lineout converters before and was never really happy with the sound. The audiocontrol units have some nice features like signal summing and signal sense turn on.

I have read a lot of good things about the AudioControl units. I was looking at the LC6i but found the LC2i and was wondering if that would work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.