Anyone with p/u ext cab pics?

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
Looking to do mine hopefully soon. Just picked up a 1998 s10 v6 4.3 and my plans are to put a few 8's in. That's it. No more than that. My truck has the 3rd door so makes it much easier to work in/around than those that don't have them.

Just looking for ideas and also how subs would sound better: i.e. subs up port towards drivers, subs toward driver port up, etc.

7fa4310ef67eb34f3e6e00704f352dca.jpg

Subs forward port to drivers side and your drivers side is solid right the 3rd door is on the passenger side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downfire port to the driver side gets rowdy as fuck with the dash flex but not as much output as far as spl to my ears goes. im planning on doing sub forward port driver side when i upgrade my subs, i would do sub up port driverside if i didnt mind losing the ability to throw my tools and stuff on top of my back seat

Finish your dam Tahoe before u even think about starting that s10 u bought

But do 4 Sa 8s on about 5k and call it good. Sub up port up

But honestly u have 4 re se 10s just collecting dust. Run 4 10s sub up port up in the s10

Finish your dam Tahoe before u even think about starting that s10 u bought
But do 4 Sa 8s on about 5k and call it good. Sub up port up

Hmm....good idea but they take up a some room tho.

7fa4310ef67eb34f3e6e00704f352dca.jpg
Subs forward port to drivers side and your drivers side is solid right the 3rd door is on the passenger side?

No 3rd door is drivers side. Love that box tho.....did you ever finish it?

No 3rd door is drivers side. Love that box tho.....did you ever finish it?
No I haven't but it does smash the lows super impressed with the 8s output but the one still has crazy spider slap I took all the screws out of the ring and pryd it up and re epoxied it down but still didn't fix it so its gonna need a recone when I got time and money for it I'll just play it the way it is and hope I don't damage anything

Anyone else?
@CSCStang Wondering if you got any past projects you did?

Also.....I got a 4x6 speakers in the dash and 6.5" in each door. What if I bought a comp set and put the tweets in the 4x6 locations? I could easily fab up something. Although I have heard to try and keep them both together if possible.

Ugly setup i know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif it was a temp setup with boomsday box. Sub up port facing driver wall.

Higher frequency 38-45hz which is my trucks resonance frequency.. This tiny box would give you slight choke feeling on just 2k watts.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

3.5@33hz for 4 Skar vvx8's in a 96 s10 ext cab. It got down pretty good but only kept the system a few weeks. Wish I still had that truck and some of the equipment

fopq48.jpg

[quote name='boomintahoe']Anyone else?
@CSCStang Wondering if you got any past projects you did?

Also.....I got a 4x6 speakers in the dash and 6.5" in each door. What if I bought a comp set and put the tweets in the 4x6 locations? I could easily fab up something. Although I have heard to try and keep them both together if possible.[/QUOTE]
I have quite a few under bench as well as with the bench removed. What are your max dimensions to work with? 2 8's in a tline is quite possible. I'm going to do one for 2 DC m8's next week that's 48x12x14.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.