Anyone running a PRV mono amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

buckeyes#1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
p-town
anybody running a prv mono amp was looking at the 8000.1 ? I bought a taramps hd8000 but seems i cant keep it running long enough , 2nd time at repair in 3 month //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif so im starting to look into other options , getting tired of 3 hrs of installing and uninstalling system because the amp will not run at 1ohm like advertised , before anyone states operator error i ran this system i had for 3yrs with sundown 3500 but decided to upgrade , im getting a feeling that i went backwards with going to taramps

anybody running a prv mono amp was looking at the 8000.1 ? I bought a taramps hd8000 but seems i cant keep it running long enough , 2nd time at repair in 3 month //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif so im starting to look into other options , getting tired of 3 hrs of installing and uninstalling system because the amp will not run at 1ohm like advertised , before anyone states operator error i ran this system i had for 3yrs with sundown 3500 but decided to upgrade , im getting a feeling that i went backwards with going to taramps
What's your electrical like? and how did you set gains?

I have plenty of electric, I could not even get the volume past 15 and amp went into protect, ran amp at 2 and 4 ohms and it run fine wired back at 1 ohm which checked 1.3 ohms at amp soon as u try to turn volume up boom in protect , running 3 xs power 3400's and a 270 amp mechman alt, but that would no way be the issue..

well im thinking mega repair didnt fully check the amp prior to returning the first time , i know the amp has the power but the know the issue will be how long its going to last when i get it back i 2 weeks ? i havent had the chance to even hear the amp run at full power with car running , i know if i get it back agaain and isnt fully functional like advertised , let the taramp bashing from me begin , sorry just venting,and hell im scared to even spend the time to reinstall when i get it back

I had an issue with Gustavo fixing a 20k for me and getting it back to do the same thing. Said it worked fine on the test bench but protected at half volume when in my car. He ended up putting a completely new board in it and it was fine from then on.

I have plenty of electric, I could not even get the volume past 15 and amp went into protect, ran amp at 2 and 4 ohms and it run fine wired back at 1 ohm which checked 1.3 ohms at amp soon as u try to turn volume up boom in protect , running 3 xs power 3400's and a 270 amp mechman alt, but that would no way be the issue..
3 group 34 batteries on 8K seems a bit inadequate to me.

I had an issue with Gustavo fixing a 20k for me and getting it back to do the same thing. Said it worked fine on the test bench but protected at half volume when in my car. He ended up putting a completely new board in it and it was fine from then on.
I wrote a note and taped it to the amp don't send back unless it's fully tested

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.