Anyone fancy helping me - Hertz ML2500 10"

It's in the car now.

It's definitely extending the

The punch has suffered a little, but this may be that the continuous tones are louder.

I played with a signal generator and the peak seems to be more 35-40hz compared to around 50 before.

I will try pulling the box to the back of the trunk space to load it, if it really helps I may have to consider doing something different.

I really need it to go in the dead space of the trunk, so I may have to face the sub into the back of the seat to load it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrunkSubwooferPlacement_zps32a2600c.png

Left is trunk lid. right is opening into cabin. You can gain alot cleaner sounding bass by facing the sub into the cabin and sealing it off completely, But only by sealing it off completely will you get it. Otherwise, you introdoce cancellation issues.

Is it worth actually adding a loading pannel?

My side profile sketch is p1ss poor but maybe you get the gist.

2da0b4f1096e93390a8a869001483ba1.jpg

The fixed parcel shelf has the OEM sub in it and on the other side a big hole so that's the best passage into the car.

The seat backs fit snug and there is no ski hatch

Plans have changed.

I came across a deal for a RE SXX 12 that I couldn't refuse so the Hertz is out.

8d2a09df8209e66bfeeba35d5b0d73b7.jpg

414aa3b37951cf89074a3fddce6476f6.jpg

As my amp is 500rms (only a value from the manual) @ 4 ohm and 900 at 2 ohm and >900 at 1ohm, I wanted to go to a DCV and get more out of it.

The SXX is dual 2, currently wired to 4 ohm at exactly the same settings it's a lot cleaner than the Hertz.

Will be going down to 1 ohm after a few days listening.

The box designer app spat out a suggested box size of over 79 litres for the SXX 12,

Re recommended is 45 L

I don't have 80 L, but if I take out the internal port and the MDF that was recessing the 10 back from the baffle then I will be back up to 34 L net.

Throwing 34 L in the app and comparing it to the 80 L it suggests, looks terrible below 60Hz.

Is there any way to make a compromise with the external port?

c39491691e5a2df910b2ec0ea87a38f7.jpg

If I add Re's recommended box size (43L) the calculator does look better than my tiny box (no surprise there) but it doesn't look like Re suggest in their tech sheet

eafcac0657ef205b5aa6129e76aaf015.jpg

a82ab67cc0c565d4d697ac0ff830ee8e.jpg

What calculator works on a win64 computer or iPhone that can give out believable curves so I can see what box and port size I can use to maximise the use of the space I have without just building the Re website cube it suggests?

What's up with liter and mm? We use cubic ft and inches in America. U should get a real box design and will be blown away. That box u built is is just crazy in all sense

how much for the ML2500 if you're going RE?

i've done a few sealed boxes for the ML2500 and I run a ML3000 sealed. I followed the mfr specs for the ML2500 with great results, corner loaded.

your box design is neat for the for the application but i'd want a much larger port since the sub can move a lot of air.

as mentioned, if you move that box into a rear corner (facing the corner) you'll hear a HUGE improvement in output. you built a neat box but it was destined to fail simply due to location.

scionfinishing006.jpg

here are some locations i've tested with my ML3000. I started with a dual flared port and changed to sealed (same airspace). This increased Q from .7 to .85 which is still acceptable SQ.

ranked best to worst (i compete in IASCA SQL with #1 )

IMG_20140827_235904_039.jpg

20150715_021505.jpg

20160817_222235.jpg

AccordBoxFinal013.jpg

AccordBoxFinal016.jpg

in the works:

20160819_013503.jpg

What's up with liter and mm? We use cubic ft and inches in America. U should get a real box design and will be blown away. That box u built is is just crazy in all sense
I used to live in Chicago and that's when I started to use this site, I've since moved back to UK and moved back to metric!

Cu-ft is good to, I'll make sure I go imperial from now on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

here are some locations i've tested with my ML3000. I started with a dual flared port and changed to sealed (same airspace). This increased Q from .7 to .85 which is still acceptable SQ.
Thanks for this fella, some nice work on the differing setups.

ML2500 is for sale, but as I'm in the U.K., it's unlikely to be cost effective to get it to you if you are in the Lower 48.

I can move the box a few inches forward and re-mount the Re 12 in the box facing the seat back.

Doing this, would you face the port the same way or another direction?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.