Anyone else's 9815 make a noise?

EmptyWallet

Texas
Whenever I open or close my 9815, it seems to make a squeak when it gets all the way open, like a high pitched noise, then when it closes, just before it gets completely closed, it makes another kind of motorized squeaking noise. Any ideas? Does anyone else's do that?

spray it with a bunch of WD-40 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif hmm, does your owners manual come with hinge oiling/greasing instructions? maybe some vaseline on a q-tip.

alpine is usually pretty good about returns too, if it turns out to be a prob. w/ the unit itself.

Whenever I open or close my 9815, it seems to make a squeak when it gets all the way open, like a high pitched noise, then when it closes, just before it gets completely closed, it makes another kind of motorized squeaking noise. Any ideas? Does anyone else's do that?
My 9813 doesn't make any noises ... neither does the 7998. Although some people are complaining about grinding noises on the 9811/13/15 lately ...

- Steve

lol. I dunno I havent checked in the manual. I just got the darn thing though. I'm thinking maybe its supposed to do that and I'm just paranoid or something.

My 9813 doesn't make any noises ... neither does the 7998. Although some people are complaining about grinding noises on the 9811/13/15 lately ...
- Steve

Where ahve you seen posts about that from? On here or on other boards? Any fix for it?

Where ahve you seen posts about that from? On here or on other boards? Any fix for it?
On here, and over IM ... I'm sure there is a fix, though I haven't heard it yet. Contact Alpine.

- Steve

I have that headunit and no..it doesnt make any grinding noises...I would guess that you hit it by accident..maybe while it was in the open postion. That might have bent something causing the noise. Lubeing it is also another possibility.

I have that headunit and no..it doesnt make any grinding noises...I would guess that you hit it by accident..maybe while it was in the open postion. That might have bent something causing the noise. Lubeing it is also another possibility.

My 7894 made this noise, and my 9815 now makes this noise. I'm not worried though. It's a bit annoying, but I can deal with it.

Besides, I found the fix.. I bought the MP3 changer and I use the door much less frequently //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My 9815 did that but I fixed it by switching to an iva-d900 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

you guys are kinda scaring me now. i want to get a 9815, but i'm not sure i want it if it's going to be making noises and stuff, especially since nobody knows of a fix other than getting a different h/u.

you guys are kinda scaring me now. i want to get a 9815, but i'm not sure i want it if it's going to be making noises and stuff, especially since nobody knows of a fix other than getting a different h/u.
It's fine ... you can barely notice it ... sometimes you won't even notice it.

That shouldn't deter you from buying the unit ... it's very nice indeed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

My 9813 and 7998 did make a grinding noise for about a week, then it went away and hasn't came back - so it's no biggie.

- Steve

i got an alpine. its probably just a tight screw. spray a tiny bit of wd-40 in or get some oil (thin oil) on a q-tip and rub inside.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.