does this sound right?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bass maniak
10+ year member

Team Poundin Sound
a box for 2 magnum d2s does it sound right?

3.91319 subic feet before any displacment

port tuned to 32 hz which is 14 inchs high and 3 inchs wide and 21.47 inchs long.

if i am correct the port will take up .6523 cubic feet and each mag takes up .10 cubic feet which would add up to .852300 cubic feet.

so including displacment the box would be 3.06089 cubic feet.

did i calculate this box right?

also does this sound right for a pair of mags b/c i think i might have screwed up with the sub parameters?

if it helps any i am using winisd.

The only thing I see different is I got a port length of 22.75". But even if you go with 21.5" long you still get 32.5Hz (or so). To make thing a little bit easier for your self, just carry out to one decimal place. Often time you will find out even if the port is .25" longer, it may not make that big of a difference...maybe only like 1/8 of an Hz or something.

Example: your box 4cu'

-@31Hz port should be 24" L

-@32Hz port should be 22" L

-@33Hz port should be 20.5" L

thanks for the help man. all i need to know now is if it sounds right for a couple of magnum d2s b/c im not 100% sure i got the parameters right on the d2.

so if somone can tell me if this is right im ready to make the box.

these are the parameters i got

qts: 0.37

vas: 38.5 liters

fs: 32 hz

re: 3.6 ohm

le: 0

xmax: 24 mm

z: 0

qms: 4.05

qes: 0.41

spl: 88.4 db

pe: 600

bl: 18.60

dia: 12 inchs

sd: 0.050 m^2

are these parameters right for the magnum d2?

once again the program i am using is winisd

D@m your impatient!! LOL

If you were to go with what you are saying, then your box after all displacement, would be 3.06089cu' after all displacement. I get 22.87" long for the port wich is 14" X 3" tuned to 32Hz. 24.4" L after sub displacement.

To make things easier, let's only go to on decimal place...

a 4cu' box with a port that is 14" X 3" needs to be 22" long. Using 3/4, the total port displacement will be 0.8. sub displacement you said is 0.1 per sub...so 0.2.

4 - (0.8 + 0.2) = 3.0cu' of air space.

Pretty much the same as you got.

i would go larger for 2 magnums ported man...optimal should be pretty close to 2 cubes each AFTER all displacement. I'd look for about 1.9-2.1 cubes each...so 3.8-4.2 cubes after displacement. If you can get a lil more space for the box...i got exact plans for a magnum box at home that is 4 cubes after displacement and exact port that utnes it to 32hz exactly. LMK, and i'll get the measurements for you when i'm at home. peace

NG

i dont know if i can go much bigger man, thats why i am going to specs.

but ill check out ur box anyway i just might be able to fit it.

so 3 cubes tuned to 32hz wont be that good for a couple mags?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.