Anyone else pre-order a JY HP-40?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Exclusive
ND
I placed my order (paid) at a local dealer August 26th. He said it should be here early September. He said the presales were all spoken for, but he managed to get three with coming to him. Here it is September 25th, and I still don't have a definitive date when I'll see my $800 battery! My seller said his last update was that the batteries are held-up at customs.

Does anyone else on this forum have a JY Power HP-40 on order? Have you received it? What's your latest status update?

I trust the guy I bought through. He ALWAYS answers calls and is always available, even though he is the owner of the business.

Are these batteries that delayed?

Thanks.
- Joe

My supplier guaranteed that it will solve my electrical problems and won't require another run from my front battery.

Yeah it took almost 6 days for my Alpine Tweeters to clear and then finally leave customs tonight after arriving at around 1 am on the 18th.

As pop said lots of stuff in customs that is taking it's sweet time to be processed.

Well, report back on how they do. Their site claims those are good for 13K amp which seems to me like ********.
Will do. The chart suggests it will be good for around 7kw with my 320a alternator and "over 88% efficient" amp.

Update: at time of writing this, I still do not have my battery. I called the shop, and they said they're going to call their distributor tomorrow to check the status on these batteries. At what point is is fair to get my money back? I was told it'd be here "first or second week of September".

I finally got my Alpine tweeters after they sat in customs for 6 days, then sat again in Chicago customs for 5 days for some odd stupid reason, they were cleared in LA so it made NO SENSE whatsoever. Sadly they are taking their sweet time pushing things through. Hopefully you get them soon.

It's frustrating, especially considering how much you pay for ****. I'm confident that it would be unacceptable if my money showed up over a month late.

JY posted on their facebook that they are sending out orders. First round orders should be here by the end of the week. Fingers crossed, but certainly not holding my breath.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.