ANybody do an install in a focus?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stangman67
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Seattle
Where did you run the wiring through to the engine compartment. I see a grommet under the drivers side where the main harness passes to the engine compartment but around the harness is hard and I cannot for the life of me see where the harness comes out in the engine compartment. Cramped engine bays FTL

"grommet" is on the same side as the battery, the problem I am having is the grommet is hard and not visible from the engine compartment. As far as I can tell you need to get the wire through the grommet and then it weaves through some framework and then in to the engine compartment. Looks like i will be drilling.

Ok look right next to the brake pedal. Theres a good size whole to the left of it, its big enough to fit 2 runs of 1/0 through so 4ga should be no problem. There might be some kind of rubber grommet blocking the whole, just pop it out and run the wire through. Hope that helps, if u can't figure it out I'll go out and take pics 2morrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What type of focus is it? hatch back or a sedan. And as for the hole by the break pedal, i don't have that either ,so it may be a manual thing. The best way is to drill a hole. There is one spot that 4 gauge may work though , look by the steering rod,where it goes threw the firewall. There is a decent is a decent hole that the rod runs threw, you may be able to sneak in threw there.

Zx3, I don't think sneaking a wire through the same whole as the steering shaft is a great idea. I am going to try to force it through the hole where the cars wiring harness goes into the engine. Looks like this going to be **** near impossible but I am going to try.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.