How's this for a craigslist deal?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SR20det
10+ year member

So my best friend had some 17" wheels for sale and was having no luck selling them on CL, he dropped the price lower and finally had an offer from a guy with cash plus sub/amp. He said okay and they finally hashed out a deal and my friend recieved cash and the sub/amp/box from the guy. The sub/amp/box was traded as an $85 value.

Well, my buddy had no use for it and said come get this audio stuff, $75. I went to go look at it and it was a JL 10W7 in a custom MDF box, slot ported to 35hz and built well (3/4" and double thick front), but carpet-job was so-so. the amp is a Kenwood Excelon KAC-X810d (400w@4, 800@2, 1000@1) in good shape just missing one of the side plastic covers over the wiring (pointless) but very good cosmetic shape.

I never got around to testing this amp/sub, the previous owner said it all worked.. I only tested the sub with a 9v battery before buying. I tested it this weekend and everything worked fine, in fact the setup wangs!

What would the amp/sub be worth used? the date on the sub was 2004 and the amp is from about 06/07.

cliff notes:

Craigslist

paid $75

JL 10W7

Kenwood Mono Amp KAC-x810d

Custom MDF slot ported box tuned to 35hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.