Any high end deck users in here???

Well, in my opinion a deck with an internal amp is NOT a high end deck. Again, just my opinion. The Eclipse 8053 is a much better deck than the 8454. It has balanced outputs, no internal amp, and a lower THD rating (though not a huge or even audible differnce) but lower none the less.
Correction no balanced outputs- its balanced output capable- which just about every other 8v can be with Eclipses add on driver- every 8v unit can run 8v 'balanced', yet the 8053 can run both 8v or 16 balanced

Strait out of PerryB(JLCivics site) so no need to download- You cannot deny Eclipse

8v decks are high end- the technology is there, and if you go to ECA and notice how many people use them in their SQ systems- It just happens that Eclipse made it affodably priced- To say its not in the same league as the others mentioned is ridiculous- price is the only culprit -

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/244000-244999/244210_77_full.jpg

Opinions are like a s s holes, everybody's got one.......

First of all, its 20 bit Alpha Processing. Its been around for a long time and I wasn't aware that anyone other than Denon used such a process. I would like to see some proof of these Eclipse decks using such a process. .
Now is that 'DUAL' 20 bit Alpha processing DAC's? Because the $900 McIntosh has two of those badboys....

Well, in my opinion a deck with an internal amp is NOT a high end deck. Again, just my opinion. The Eclipse 8053 is a much better deck than the 8454. It has balanced outputs, no internal amp, and a lower THD rating (though not a huge or even audible differnce) but lower none the less.
having an internal amp makes it less of a deck? wtf? theyre the same deck man.

having an internal amp makes it less of a deck? wtf? theyre the same deck man.
In my opinion YES, it does make it less of a deck. The less things you have going on inside a head unit the less possibility of noise induced by an internal amp. Not to mention, less heat. Though very similar, they're not the same deck. But again, just my opinon.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

In my opinion YES, it does make it less of a deck. The less things you have going on inside a head unit the less possibility of noise induced by an internal amp. Not to mention, less heat. Though very similar, they're not the same deck. But again, just my opinon.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
just because it has an amp doesnt mean you need to use it, get my point. just because its there doesnt make it less of a deck, its kinda lame to sit here and listen to you babble on about receivers youve never used and barely anyone else uses. not sure why youre so against eclipse, eclipse users stand by their product for a reason. now youre gonna come back sayin how you arent against eclipse and think they make great products.

just because it has an amp doesnt mean you need to use it, get my point. just because its there doesnt make it less of a deck, its kinda lame to sit here and listen to you babble on about receivers youve never used and barely anyone else uses. not sure why youre so against eclipse, eclipse users stand by their product for a reason. now youre gonna come back sayin how you arent against eclipse and think they make great products.

First of all you don't need to take that tone with me wise ass. I NEVER in any post said I was against Eclipse in any way. I merely stated my opinion about decks with internal amps aren't considered "high end" in my opinion. Note the prepositional phrase I just used (IN MY OPINION). No need to get upset ok. So if you ask me, you're babbling because you think you have to rise up and defend Eclipse when they didn't need defending in the first place. And as a matter of fact Eclipse does make good products. I don't use Eclipse because I once had an Eclipse head unit that took a shyt on me 3 times in the first 2 years I owned it.

Also, remember who started this thread. If you don't want to read my "babbling" then don't read it. Just that simple. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

You guys have named alot of really great decks in this trend but I feel that you all have over looked the one deck that was made that still to this day hasn't been surpassed by any of the ones mentioned above ( IMO) and that would be the Sony CDX-C90 with it's four 20 bit Burr Brown DAC. I don't think any of these new decks could touch it in preformance, I may be wrong but that's just my opinon and I would like to hear some honest feedback...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I heard that it was because the demand in the U.S. wasn't there anymore so they pulled the plug. Probably the same reason all high end stuff isn't here in the states anymore. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif I don't get it. It's a darn shame we can't get a variety of that good stuff anymore. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

-Adam

I heard that it was because the demand in the U.S. wasn't there anymore so they pulled the plug. Probably the same reason all high end stuff isn't here in the states anymore.
That's why we don't have Denon decks, or Sound Monitor decks (Eclipse's super high-end in Japan), Pioneer ODR (which is still available overseas), etc etc etc.......... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

BTW, those Sound Monitor decks are beautiful.....looks along the same lines of McIntosh and the Clarion DRZ9255

That's why we don't have Denon decks, or Sound Monitor decks (Eclipse's super high-end in Japan), Pioneer ODR (which is still available overseas), etc etc etc.......... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

BTW, those Sound Monitor decks are beautiful.....looks along the same lines of McIntosh and the Clarion DRZ9255
you're back!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.