Any help would be awesome!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

hhorawa86

I have a 2004 Chevrolet diesel truck. It has a brand new alternator which is 35 amps bigger than stock and battery's are new. Ok I have 2 Memphis shallow mount 10s under the backseat powered by a Memphis 1000 watt monoblock amp. I have a soundstream 2 farad 16 volt capacitor wired with it also. I just bought a kicker L7 12 and a Memphis 500 watt monoblock amp. I have a problem with the system draining the volt meter on the dash when it hits. When I hook all of it up together it drains the exact same as just having one amp. I need to know what to do to stop the drain. I have another capacitor that is also a 2 farad but it's 20 volt would that help? Any advice would be appreciated!!!

With the power your running you dont even need agm batts honestly. You have 2 batts under hood now correct? (Im not sayin I wouldnt do it in the future especially if you plan to upgrade your audio) but it shouldnt be necessary right now. But definitely ditch the caps as mentioned. Useless in my opinion unless ur tryin to look hella ghetto cool lol. But as pickip1 mentioned... what size is your wire from your batt to amp? Also, what size fusing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.