Any help appreciated!

Participant count
  • Participant list

nate4027

Iowa
My setup is kenwood head unit with two pre amp outputs, alpine mrp-f450 for door speakers and mrp-m500 so 10" sub. My problem is I have very little power going to my mrp-f450 amp and no power at my mrp-m500 amp. I have had no issue with this system for five years as I installed it myself. I have good background knowledge of how to properly wire a system but am no expert. I re wired everything to make sure no wire was getting pinched etc with same result. It appears to me the remote turn on wire is not supplying enough power to turn the amp on completely. The power light is dim and sometimes not on at all. I have all aftermarket speaker wire, no stock speaker wire to speak of. One funny thing is that I can faintly hear sound out of the door speakers even if I disconnect the RCA's and speaker wire from the amp, I thought this is very odd. I hope this answers all questions about my setup. Thanks so much for the help everyone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.