Any caveats regarding fixed box to chassis?

Sn4ppy

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have plans to fix the box directly to the sheet metal of my trunk..

Originally I intended to incorporate the backseat firewall as a wall of the box along with some dynamax dampening material but figure although corregated the metal won't be significantly dense enough to match the 16mm MDF of the rest of the box.

But will this quell or amplify rattles? Is it common at all or something I should steer right clear of?

Metal panels in a car are not sufficiently rigid for subwoofer enclosure and building it up with fiberglass will be rather expensive and permanent as opposed to just building a normal wood box and just securing that with some brackets or similar.

Definitely mindful not to drill through floor into any lines/cables on other side of metal or worse diesel tank but I think there will be value fixing this to the vertical plane as well as horizontal.

I'd like to avoid a false floor or subfloor because this won't be a huge box and I'd like to maintain access to spare tire, the rest of the trunk space and keep the excess weight down.

Thinking t-nuts and urethane washers on other side of sheet metal under bolt?

And lots of lock tite

Definitely mindful not to drill through floor into any lines/cables on other side of metal or worse diesel tank but I think there will be value fixing this to the vertical plane as well as horizontal.

I'd like to avoid a false floor or subfloor because this won't be a huge box and I'd like to maintain access to spare tire, the rest of the trunk space and keep the excess weight down.

Thinking t-nuts and urethane washers on other side of sheet metal under bolt?

And lots of lock tite
Use the vibration loctite

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...