any car audio gurus out there?

Participant count
  • Participant list

steagan

I am planning on getting a solobaric 10" or 12" dvc sub and would like some advice from you car audio gurus out there. I trust in Rockford Fosgate to supply the wattage but am unsure which amp I need to get 200-250 RMS to the sub. I know some of their amps are stable to 2 ohms and some to 1 but what are my options. This amp will be dedicated to the sub and I'm also not sure if I should get a 2 or 4ohm sub. Please help me. I think I want the sub to see a 2ohm load to get the most out of the amp? Would I run the amp bridged mono? Mono amp or 2 channel? Help Please.

Let me start by suggesting a solo with dvc 4's and the RF bd500.1

You would wire your voice coils paralell to the amp which would present a 2 ohm load, and the amp would put out 500 watts rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.