Any Aftermarket Speakers With Midbass Like Factory Speakers?

Focal FTW!!

Those 8" speakers you were looking at, well I heard the 6.5s and they sounded great!!!! Even off HU power is still sounded very very good

You want midbass from your speakers, Focal is deff got it!

Since factory speaker sound depends on an excess of eq designed into the amplifiers the auto companies use, my suggestion would be for you to consider getting a good eq to help you recreate that factory sound a little more no matter which components you decide on.

Used properly it can sound much better than you think.

i think people are forgetting the basics, on these aftermarket setups was a baffle in use??

ex:
baffleplastic1.jpg

baffles alone will play a major role in the output of the driver

rainbow CS powerline are known to sound like mini-subs and are pretty loud, i think you should consider them, they are 6.9" though.

WOW

Thanx for all the replies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I definately like the responses that recommend the speakers from Parts Xpress. They are so cheap that I can afford to experiment with them and not have a dent in my wallet.

I noticed a couple Rainbow recommendations, but I havent been able to find them for purchase anywhere yet.

I think I'll probably try the Goldwood PC speakers first. I will put a pair of 8's in my reardeck, and some 6.5's in my doors and see how they sound.

Can anybody recommend a crossover point for them? I will probably have them playing down to 75-80hz, but I am wondering how high I should have them playing to.

Thanx guys:fro:

Wow, i have a concern. And I am hoping that you could give me some advice.

I want these in my reardeck (i have 8" openings):

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=290-312

I want these in my doors:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=290-307

I thought that would be some awesome midbass and some decent mids. And it probably will be. BUTTTT. Look at the sensitivity rating difference between the two. The 6.5s have 85db rating, and the 8s have a 91db rating..

I am concerned that the midbass will be pulled to the rear bcuz the 8's are quite a bit more efficient than that 6.5s.

Now...you might say to simply FADE towards the front. Which seems that it would work. Here it comes again.....BUTTTTTT, lol. But they will be ran on a 2 channel amp, so i cannot fade.

Do you think that will be a problem and pull the midbass to the rear?

Do you think I should get the 8ohm version of the 8" so it will get less power than the 6.5s?

Will that work though? Runnng an 8ohm pair of speakers and a 4ohm pair of speakers in parallel to the same 2 channel amp. Will it?

I dont know. And I'd like your advice. Ty

That will work (running 8 ohm and 4 ohm in parallel), and will take care of most of the difference. You'll drop 3dB on the 8" woofers by cutting the power in half and they are farther away so it should be pretty close at that point.

That will work (running 8 ohm and 4 ohm in parallel), and will take care of most of the difference. You'll drop 3dB on the 8" woofers by cutting the power in half and they are farther away so it should be pretty close at that point.

KOOL. Thanx alot man. But what impedance will the amp see then?

Ty for your help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

each side of my two channel amp will see an 8ohm and a 4ohm speaker...so....

8 and 8 is 4ohm.... 4 and 4 is 2 ohms...so would it be right in the middle? Like 3 ohms?

Im just tryna guesstimate how much power my amp will be putting out

I think im confusing myself...

Lemme see if im getting this. So lets say the amp will put out 150rms @ 3ohms, and the load will be 3 ohms... So are you saying that the 6.5's will get more of that 150 watts than the 8's, and that will even out the difference in efficiency?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.