Another Vs. thread

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
CDT Audio EF-61FG vs. Boston Acoustic Pro 60's.

They are in about the same price range.

This is the amplifier I have to work with. I am currently running the amp as 4 channel, but if I get a set of comps that can take the abuse of 230 rms, then I will bridge the amp and run the rear speakers off the deck

Clarion ProAudio APA4320

http://www.cardomain.com/item/CLAAPA4320

Amplifier Type: Multi-Channel

RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 80W x 4 @ 14.4V

THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: 0.08 %

Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 230W x 2 @ 14.4V

Speaker Level Inputs: yes

Preamp Outputs: no

Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP

Bass Boost: 0 - 15 dB

Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz

Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB

Fuse Rating: 2 x 25 amps

I am leaning towards the Boston Acoustics, because I know they are some of the best out there.

I'd say that it really comes down to preference. The CDTs will likely be a bit more mellow. The Bostons more lively. Depends on how you take your music. Though, if memory serves me right, the Bostons should cost significantly more than those CDTs. I would think the CDT ES ($300 from woofersetc.) would be a fairer comparison for the Pros.

Bostons will be purchased off of ebay and Woofers ect... has the CDT's for $199 w/ free shipping..

And im sorry, I forgot to add what kind of music I listen to. Thats important.. I listen to alot of rock. Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Disturbed, ect...

85% Rock

10% Rap

5% Country

Oh and I am on a budget.. Im getting a new sub box and 4 8's

Its a work in progress at the momment. I may be looking into getting some black rims.

DSC00157c.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

absolutley gorgeous....Don't destroy it w/ black rims though.

I'm doin' a 6" lift to mine as well and also droppin' in a few other things.

Can't wait.

But yeah, most definetly stick w/ the Boston Pros

-Nick-

Bostons will be purchased off of ebay and Woofers ect... has the CDT's for $199 w/ free shipping..

And im sorry, I forgot to add what kind of music I listen to. Thats important.. I listen to alot of rock. Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Disturbed, ect...

85% Rock

10% Rap

5% Country

Oh and I am on a budget.. Im getting a new sub box and 4 8's
My buddy is using the EF61fg's and the sound quality is awesome. also keep in mind that Cdt will be purchased authorized from Woofersetc so you will have what ever warranty Cdt offers, the bostons from ebay most likely have no warranty just in case that matters to you.

just my .02 cents

hmmmm that may help in my descision... anyone know the differences between the fg's and the cf's? I know what it stands for, but whats the sq differences? The sale prices are listed as the same, but the MSRP's are different.

FG stand for Fiberglass and CF stand for carbon fiber. The Fiberglass i supposed to have a better midbass, more accurate, detailed mids and more durable material.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.