another stupid thread, but pretty sure its gonna be original :)

Well it kind of makes sense that it could kill an insect. Just think of the pressure the system puts on your body, no compare it with that of a tiny insect.
but remember our bodies are generally "softer" than an insects exoskeleton.

al

yea, plus if you step on those **** things, it seems like they never die. unless you twist your foot around for like 10 minutes and rub them into the ground. tough little bastards i tell ya. i'm still leaning towards, you can knock them outta the air, but you can kill em. unless you are running 160 + db.

ok, well i ran my first test today. i am inbetween systems right now, and i only have 1 kicker comp vr 8'' subwoofer in a 1.01 cu ft box + port volume. tuned at 40 hz. it does roughly a 136 (term lab sensors outlaw).

i was driving down the road today, and i heard a buzzing noise comming from somewhere behind me. *yes, oh yes* i was thinking, i get to see if this actually works. so i finally find the bee in my car, and hes buzzing about minding his own business. so i thought a sneak attack, if anything would do the trick. so i pop in "lil john" kings of crunk...... needless to say, 136 db, off of 1 8'' subwoofer wasnt even able to knock him out of the air. it sure as **** pissed him off though. so i rolled down the windows and let him go. -if- anybody thinks thier stereo is capable of doing this, i suggest you get something slightly larger than 1 8'' subwoofer running off of 200 watts RMS power.

so in conclusions, phase 1 has failed. guess when i get my 12'' shp hooked up on 850 rms, i'll see if that is capable of doing the job.

First night I had hooked up my system, I got some songs going to test it out. I have never been to a sound off or db drag none around here. But this was the only time I had ever felt like I was havin a heart attack. My chest hurt sooo bad, and my throat was closing up. So I think I could of killed one, but then had my daughter and sold the subs. I wish I still had them cause I would try it for ya.

it was like that when i put my bulls in their pen, my ears hurt and my face felt weird.

All you needed was some ear muffs for the kids. The 30dB ones

ok, i've read alot about people on here making videos of thier subwoofers flopping wildly out of the baskets (not what they are supposed to do by the way).
subs are spose to move, and who ever says they dont must be dopped up or something.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

lol, i meant of the cone moving in an unlinear fashion........ but hey, whatever works. i just know that 136 db isnt loud enough. i've had louder stereos, i just dont have one at the moment.

but then again, it was a big bee that was in my car..... he was probably **** near an inch in length, and he scared me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif i guess intimidated would be a better word than scared

you mean something like horse flies?? least thats what we call em around here. the big ****ers that are about as big as golf balls ???

lol, you chicken //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif if you happen to catch one in yur car sometime, video tape the killing, i wanna witness the power of yur stereo .

me, chicken, you were scared of a bee!

horse flies eat bees for lunch.

im gonna get a bandpass and put some in the front with the plexi.

that will be cool

P.S

my aiptek(sp) POS camera has no lcd so i cant tell what im viewing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.