Another set of 6.5 component fast opinions needed for overall comparisons

Hell, a PPI p600.2 would power those just fine ..... Or a p900.4 bridged would give TONS of headroom. And both are under $200 ....
Soundstream tn 900.4 I got one for my buddy, exactly the same performance as my ppi 900.4 with much better positioned speaker and power/ground terminals with nothing blocking a direct screwdriver path and it has better screws that are less prone to stripping. Not to mention they included 0 guage amp inputs. All for 125 dollars shipped. I dont think i'll ever recommend the ppi 900.4 again when the soundstream's casing is significantly better to work with and the performance is identical and is 55 dollars cheaper. Wired the soundstream down to 2.66 ohms bridged as well keeps cool with zero issues.

other amps outperform that by far sadly. Its nice but if listening to loud music, the amp taps out real quick compared to A LOT of other choices out there.

Buddy swapped his jl slash 300.4 with the soundstream 900.4 and had significant gains which he was seriously doubting because it wasn't a good brand name, however those amps are direct hertz hcp4d clones and do rated power on the dyno. The soundstream was supposed to be for his girlfriend's car but i convinced him to try it out after testing it in my ride and now his girlfriend gets the JL and he's keeping the SS.

Soundstream tn 900.4 I got one for my buddy, exactly the same performance as my ppi 900.4 with much better positioned speaker and power/ground terminals with nothing blocking a direct screwdriver path and it has better screws that are less prone to stripping. Not to mention they included 0 guage amp inputs. All for 125 dollars shipped. I dont think i'll ever recommend the ppi 900.4 again when the soundstream's casing is significantly better to work with and the performance is identical and is 55 dollars cheaper. Wired the soundstream down to 2.66 ohms bridged as well keeps cool with zero issues.
I was actually hoping you would chime in and tell him about the SS amps. I was in a hurry. I'm actually considering swapping all my p600.2's for the TN900.4's bridged when i rebuild my front stage next month.I'll have 7 of them on my front stage then.

other amps outperform that by far sadly. Its nice but if listening to loud music, the amp taps out real quick compared to A LOT of other choices out there.

Buddy swapped his jl slash 300.4 with the soundstream 900.4 and had significant gains which he was seriously doubting because it wasn't a good brand name, however those amps are direct hertz hcp4d clones and do rated power on the dyno. The soundstream was supposed to be for his girlfriend's car but i convinced him to try it out after testing it in my ride and now his girlfriend gets the JL and he's keeping the SS.
Well the best friend of my aunt's cousin does not agree. He said there is a lot of crappier amps you can buy for that price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.