Ppi black ice feedback for the price range

Really not convinced this is like the old ppi stuff as I used to own power class ppi years ago but the black ice had good reviews

I'm trying to understand the correct amp needed to power my new hertz mpk 6.5s that are on the way as I usually always ran 4 channel amp cause I always had front and rear stage

Someone here said it's all about head room run 2 channel class d on components bridge it out .

Just can't find the right amp under 300 for the job

I'm also Amazon shopping with gift card money so purchase had to be from Amazon. I don't wanna ruin the sq factor from these hertz by tossing on a shi** amp but also not paying 400 -800$ currently for this build.

I'm looking to power my hertz mpk components 220w a side 300 max

For 99$ the PPI Black ice 800.2 seemed ok high pass low pass amp going off the reviews for the black ice sub amp version seems solid

Will the 800.2 with these specs work for the hertz mpk coming in.

And if i choose this amp can I get 4 ohms bridged from two 4 ohm drivers

Variable 12dB Band-Pass Crossover | 12dB Bass Boost Increases Low Octave Harmonics | Direct Wire 4GA Power and 12GA Speaker Terminals | 130W x 2 at 4-Ohm Stereo | 200W X 2 at 2-Ohm Stereo | 400W x 1 at 4-Ohm Bridged | 800W Max Power

Really not convinced this is like the old ppi stuff as I used to own power class ppi years ago but the black ice had good reviews I'm trying to understand the correct amp needed to power my new hertz mpk 6.5s that are on the way as I usually always ran 4 channel amp cause I always had front and rear stage

Someone here said it's all about head room run 2 channel class d on components bridge it out .

Just can't find the right amp under 300 for the job

I'm also Amazon shopping with gift card money so purchase had to be from Amazon. I don't wanna ruin the sq factor from these hertz by tossing on a shi** amp but also not paying 400 -800$ currently for this build.

I'm looking to power my hertz mpk components 220w a side 300 max

For 99$ the PPI Black ice 800.2 seemed ok high pass low pass amp going off the reviews for the black ice sub amp version seems solid

Will the 800.2 with these specs work for the hertz mpk coming in.

And if i choose this amp can I get 4 ohms bridged from two 4 ohm drivers

Variable 12dB Band-Pass Crossover | 12dB Bass Boost Increases Low Octave Harmonics | Direct Wire 4GA Power and 12GA Speaker Terminals | 130W x 2 at 4-Ohm Stereo | 200W X 2 at 2-Ohm Stereo | 400W x 1 at 4-Ohm Bridged | 800W Max Power
it is nothing like old ppi., my pp1 1k is ok amp the black ice is little lower maybe but see what big blank says he test amps.. i would suggest the 600.2 even jeff uses those..

Most of this post is pointless as I learned i need a 4 channel amp to bridge Not 2 channel.But the black ice feedback would be good to know
black ice is garbage stay the fk away. Only phantom line is good. The NVX jad 800.4 i recommended to you is the same as the ppi 900.4 but its better built. Soundstream 900.4, polk 4000.4, hertz hcp4d are all the same amps copied off the hertz. They all do rated power on the amplifier dyno and handle horrific amounts of abuse and still works fine. [video=youtube;UoF2PPt-iTg]

I have a black ice 7000.1d in now on the test bench... It's overrated but I wouldn't call a amp that does 2972w at 13.4v Uncertified garbage... Also did 3900+ dynamic at .5 ohm. Don't know about the 2 or 4 channel though....

I have a black ice 7000.1d in now on the test bench... It's overrated but I wouldn't call a amp that does 2972w at 13.4v Uncertified garbage... Also did 3900+ dynamic at .5 ohm. Don't know about the 2 or 4 channel though....
the monos are way different then the 4 channels, the SQ *****, high distortion and noise. definitly avoid as a mid and high amp.

u know how efficient it is yet?

u know how efficient it is yet?
horribly inefficient. There's a whole 700 page thread devoted to the ppi BA monoblocks on CACO with real world clamp tests with oscope readings etc.. and they dont do too hot.

Yes, the bk line were great. The next line, i think ba, werent
This... the original black ice is long gone. Its replaced with garbage.

horribly inefficient. There's a whole 700 page thread devoted to the ppi BA monoblocks on CACO with real world clamp tests with oscope readings etc.. and they dont do too hot.

This... the original black ice is long gone. Its replaced with garbage.
hey jeff what about at 2ohms? lol that was just for u buddy...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.