Another "subs popping" thread

Participant count
  • Participant list

dgaf
10+ year member

Swollen Member
727, FL
I'm driving to a job with my coworker in our bosses truck. I've searched on here for this problem, but this problem is a little different from what I've seen in other subs popping threads.

The subs will randomly pop, sounds like their getting random shots of 12v power by the sound of it. It's totally random too, not touching the cd player, low volume, just the radio playing, even when the volume is all the way down to zero. It's not a lot either, sometimes it'll go 40 minutes without popping, then it'll go 4 pops in a matter of two minutes. Sitting still and driving, happens totally randomly.

I don't know anything about the system, I just got in the truck, and we got a long drive, so I can't stop right now to check anything. If it's a simple fix, I'll do it, I'm just more curious as to what is causing it, then actually fixing it, lol.

A lose ground seems to be the solution for every issue on here, lol.

I guess I'll take a look when we stop, but like I said, it's my bosses truck, never been in it before, no idea what's back there, some kinda hidden wedge box behind the back seat, maybe under the seat.

Well, the surprising thing is it's usually true. Grounds get beat up because they are usually around the amp and box and get hit/put pressure on a lot. I can step on my ground wire for my amps and they pop.

we know nothing about the equipment or even the vehicle.

details details details

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

until then, we're just guessing.

slight wire shorts, poor RCA connections, poor ground connections, etc. can all cause this. as can failing equipment.

Eh, I finally got back there, all the wires are ran under the carpet and into a prefab infinity all in one box/amp/sub combo thing. I'm not gunna go taking it all apart and pulling up carpet and everything. I didn't realize that's what was back there, F it, I ain't messin with that crap.

Thanks anyways guise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.