Pioneer AVH 330BT Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

clean

Greetings all,

Sooooo... I was toying back and forth about getting a new HU and having someone either install it or do it myself. In the interest of time, I had someone I had the unit installed by a shop and had them set it up to retain the factory Onstar, Bose amp/speakers and steering controls in a 2003 Chevy and I am now having a few issues.

1. Chimes don't work- The installer first tried to say this was just what happens with aftermarket installs and then said he would get back to me. I think he used the PAC harness for the install and I believe that requires another module fo rthe chimes. The installer got back to me and said he was getting this from his supplier and said he thought the harness would have taken care of all that..not too sure if he expects me to pay additional for this at this point.

2. There is a noticeable hiss no matter what source is used, even while the car is not running- thought this may need the grounding loop fix but not sure. Once again not to sure if the installer will fess up to this as being not normal and fix (or knows how to fix).

3. Onstar system comes on EXTREMELY loud and has engine whine-would grounding loop have anything to do with this?

4. Steering controls will only let me search for the source one way, not backwards- from what I can tell this just requires a bit of programming to the module.

My biggest question to y'all is whether or not I should take it back and have (or make) the guy try to fix it and if so am I asking for bigger problems? I really don't want to tear apart the dash and reinstall this thing to get it to work properly (escpecially when I already paid someone to do it).

From what I have read on here (and I want to give thanks to all your contributions) it seems as though this can all be fixed but not too sure when I could find the time (assuming a 4 hour block) to get er done. I realize things happen sometimes but shouldn't the installer check all this stuff out before letting it out the door and, if he did, this is what he is presenting as his work, should I have any faith in the guy that HE can fix it? Thanks in advance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.