Another HELP MY AMP WON'T COME ON AND I DON'T KNOW WHY Thread

Participant count
  • Participant list
Check your remote wire that you should of spliced into the back of the remote wire coming off the hu which is the blue wire with the white stripe you should tie your remote wire into that wire try it. If that does not work check your ground to the amp making sure that the ground is sanded down to bare metal having good contact. If that is not it either check the fuses in the amp make sure that they are not blown also check your power wire anl fuse in the fuse holder upfront in your engine bay. Try all these options.

I stopped last nite cuz it got dark and cold. But when I got up this morning my car wouldn't start, so I disconnected the power cable from the battery and my car started right up!!! is this a problem? And does it have anything to do with my amp not powering on?

I stopped last nite cuz it got dark and cold. But when I got up this morning my car wouldn't start, so I disconnected the power cable from the battery and my car started right up!!! is this a problem? And does it have anything to do with my amp not powering on?

Hahaha, do YOU think it's a problem? Your car won't start with the amp hooked up? I'd say so man. And yes, this is probably related to your amp not powering up.

Call Kenwood's technical service, they'll know how to diagnose it.

Okay, I have a plug in volt meter and red is +12 and blue is-12. So I disconnected everything and checked the connections nearest the amp. I turned on my radio and checked the control wire, and it was red..... the ground was blue......and the wire from the battery didn't read anything.... so what do you think? I'm thinkinking I need to get another amp kit, I think the inline fuse blew in the cable from the battery. Could I be right, do you think I'm close to a solution??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.