Annoying noise from roof

BMcMahon

So I go a new single cab truck this summer and decided to swap my 2 JL w0v3's from a sealed into a ported enclosure. The new enclosure aims the subs forwards and is ported out towards the right and left side towards the side wall. Since then many bass notes cause a very obnoxious vibration of the roof which causes a metal warping noise. This problem is fixed when I put pressure on the roof but am wondering if a new enclosure design would be a better idea than trying to secure the ceiling. I have read that forward facing ports might fix this but I don't want to sacrifice much bass though.

pulling the headliner and putting a few sheets of sound damping is what will actually fix it

the best thing to do is buy a box of stinger roadkill or even noico and do the doors and roof

Summertime? **looks at calendar**.....It's still March!! And still cold, still winter time in some areas. What planet you from?!

Easiest thing would be as stated already. Designing another box isn't gonna fix the rattle. Whatever gave you that idea?

Summertime? **looks at calendar**.....It's still March!! And still cold, still winter time in some areas. What planet you from?!
Easiest thing would be as stated already. Designing another box isn't gonna fix the rattle. Whatever gave you that idea?
lol it's 80 here today bees and hundreds of birds in my yard., that's y 70% of peep live here (south) are from up north..

Mid 70s here for the last 2 weeks.
right I don't understand y peeps live up north, don't get me wrong summers are brutal here but I can't stand more than 10 days a year below 40 lol.. we didn't get more than like 2" snow all winter, bug are gonna eat us alive over next few months..ps my dad was from pa and wife is from Washington.

So I go a new single cab truck this summer and decided to swap my 2 JL w0v3's from a sealed into a ported enclosure. The new enclosure aims the subs forwards and is ported out towards the right and left side towards the side wall. Since then many bass notes cause a very obnoxious vibration of the roof which causes a metal warping noise. This problem is fixed when I put pressure on the roof but am wondering if a new enclosure design would be a better idea than trying to secure the ceiling. I have read that forward facing ports might fix this but I don't want to sacrifice much bass though.
It just means you are finally loud now. So no just sound treat your roof with deadener and foam between the crossbracings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.