ANL fuse size??

Surenlude

hey just a quick question, i'm a little stomped i looked this up couldnt find much.

i'm running a 0/1 Gauge wire from my battery to a cap at the back which i have running to 2 distribution block(one positive and one negative) that take input one 0/1 gauge and splits into two output 4 gauge that i have running to 2 amps. both take 50-70 AMPs each.

the 2 distribution blocks have 2 fuses each for the each separate 4 gauge wires.

how do i determine the size of the ANL fuse for the distribution block and the front battery.

should i use four 70 amps for the distribution blocks and use 300 amps for the front battery?

thanks

btw its JL 500/1 rated at 500 rms and a HD600/4 Rated at 150 RMS

you made a simple install not so simple. why you think you need a cap for a jl500 and 4 channel?

but as for your ? i cant really picture whats going on.

300 amps is safe for OFC, some say they(the link below) rate the wire a little high but if you use high quality wire and go a little under you shouldn't have any fires. IMO the cap is just something that uses more power and makes it look cool, some say use it only as last resort after electrical system upgrades. I don't care for running both grounds to the same connection. My HU even recommends grounding to a separate place, just seems a little safer to me. Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes & Speaker Wire Size and Length

you made a simple install not so simple. why you think you need a cap for a jl500 and 4 channel? but as for your ? i cant really picture whats going on.
just because i dont waana drain my battery. my car already dims without a cap just for sub. now with this amp surely it will plus i'll be doing the big 3 upgrade.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

300 amps is safe for OFC, some say they(the link below) rate the wire a little high but if you use high quality wire and go a little under you shouldn't have any fires. IMO the cap is just something that uses more power and makes it look cool, some say use it only as last resort after electrical system upgrades. I don't care for running both grounds to the same connection. My HU even recommends grounding to a separate place, just seems a little safer to me. Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes & Speaker Wire Size and Length
hey thanks alot that hellped

you made a simple install not so simple. why you think you need a cap for a jl500 and 4 channel? but as for your ? i cant really picture whats going on.
and how did i make it complicated? i'm tryna run 4 gauge to both amps. so i'm running a 0/1 gauge from the battery and splitting tht into 2 4 gauge for each amp. when doing a something liek this its always good to have a cap. plus having the distribution blocks helps so if something goes wrong you dont fry your whole system. please elabarate on how i make it more difficult. thanks

i dont know it sounds like u have 2 d-blocks, each having 2 fuses in them and your running 2 amps. seems like just 0g to a d-block then two 4g to the amps. where is the other d-block? maybe i read it wrong?

i think a decent agm battery under the hood will solve your dimming. i put a HC1800 under my hood and with 1500w monoblock and 90wx4 im getting very little dimmage. what is your vehicle? did the cap help with your voltage?

i dont know it sounds like u have 2 d-blocks, each having 2 fuses in them and your running 2 amps. seems like just 0g to a d-block then two 4g to the amps. where is the other d-block? maybe i read it wrong?
one is for the power and one is for the ground. i'm gonna be running 0/1 gauge for both so it goes thru the cap and comes out as a 0/1 gauge which get splits into 4 guage for each amp. ground and positive. that why i have 2 d blocks. i like the sperate fuse idea so i will know exactly whats wrong if something is wrong.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

i think a decent agm battery under the hood will solve your dimming. i put a HC1800 under my hood and with 1500w monoblock and 90wx4 im getting very little dimmage. what is your vehicle? did the cap help with your voltage?
yeah ive considered this option and i'm keep it for last. the cap and everything i have from an old system so i only spend 40 bucks for the d blocks. 0/1 wire all i have from previous systems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.