Android Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeffreybandel@gmail.

CarAudio.com Newbie
VA
Hello,
I am looking to install a new android head unit into my vehicle. I am confused by some things. Is it possible to buy a head unit and be able to play youtube music and control it on the head unit--not the phone? I was told by Crutchfield that wasn't possible but I see some units that say you can. Is it possible?

My Joying will play YouTube videos on screen. I have never tried YouTube music on it, but I bet it would work. The google play store thinks it’s a phone.

Like I said, google play treats my stereo like it’s a phone. I can download any app that an android phone can download. If I have time, I will try it during lunch.

Works just fine on the stereo screen.

Attachments

• IMG_2476.jpeg
    IMG_2476.jpeg
    725.4 KB · Views: 15
I just use the hotspot on my phone. The stereo does have a SIM card port, so I could make it work on its own if I wanted to.
I mainly just use CarPlay, so I have never bothered with the Sim.

OK. Sorry for the basic questions. My phone has a hotspot so I could use that. However, I am wondering if the phone is connected to the head unit via a usb or bluetooth would we need the hotspot?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...