Android 6.0 head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi all, please find below a forum post i made in a general tech forum that i then thought may be better to post in a dedicated car audio forum.

I went with the Erisin Es5060pb. Its the best spec I could find. Runs full android 6.0. Octa core processor. 2gb ram. 32gb storage.

Overall it went in much easier than i thought, simply plugging into the standard connector. We wired the included ext mic and routed it close to my head in the drivers seat. Routed the gps antenna close to the windscreen. I also connected the rear usb and put through a hole in the glove box which I connected the separately bought 3g dongle (might eventually just use wifi tethering from my phone) and that works well.

The amount of things it does are fantastic. Dvds, cds, usb thumb drives for both music and videos, and the same for micro sd. Google maps work ok, see below, as does youtube.

Issues –

1) The radio sounded terrible at first and needed a lot of tweeking in the equilizer app. Bit better now (still not great though) but oddly is different with music played from files (still not great). I can’t find an app that actually uses the FM antenna to see if it’s better.

2)The fader thinks I’m in left hand drive so doesn’t sound right if changed to only driver. Also when moved to only rear speakers it also still plays in the front centre, only turning off the front sides

3)When playing audio /video while accessing Internet via either wifi or data, (such as a YouTube video) there is low volume interference in the background. After a while this stopped but was annoying.

4)Due to having the ‘Loud’ option enabled in the inbuilt equilizer app which improved sound not just volume, it is only for music such as the radio, all other sounds are much lower. This means that if i have google maps on while playing the radio, the Google maps voice is way too low. By turning the volume up it increases but so does the radio which then gets too high.

5) due to all the messing with audio i have started to realise that i havent got a clue how to get the best out of an equilizer. i prefer the ‘pop’ type config of a higher setting on the middle sliders and a bit lower either side but i just cant get it right. any suggestions?

Hopefully this helps others and if anyone can help with any thoughts on the issues , I’d appreciate the help

Marc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.