An idea for subs!

Participant count
  • Participant list

zpromax777

CarAudio.com Newbie
ive currently got two sundown e8v3's and i thought about getting 4 more. these subs are very cheap and i have the room for 6. it would help for your input on amp ideas 2nd batterey? box designs.and would these be louder than sayy 3 12's? or 1 18?

ive currently got two sundown e8v3's and i thought about getting 4 more. these subs are very cheap and i have the room for 6. it would help for your input on amp ideas 2nd batterey? box designs.and would these be louder than sayy 3 12's? or 1 18?

6 - 8" subs would be more cone area than a single 18. I'm too lazy to look up the Xmax of the e8v3's so I'm not doing displacement calculations against common 18's.

I can tell you that 6 of any sub will get pretty loud, but it's all about the box. If I remember the E series should be good for about 350w per sub, so 350x6=2100w.

You would need to know your final ohm load to know what amp suits your needs, but you shouldn't need a ton of electrical besides the Big 3 and a better under-hood battery for "2000w on music".

Matt

I'd be more worried if you had the power to push the subs.

If you don't want to run a large amp more cone area with less speakers is generally better.

On the flip side if you want to run a lot of power more speakers with the same cone area is better.

But if you are going to run 3kw to the 6 e8s it will be rather impressive. 4.5ft³ only allowss for 2 12 or 1 15 in the same space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...